Thomson Celebration Jan 28th 2010

Sister and I have both have special needs...especially through airports...and Thomsons were excellent at EMA..flight had error with gluten free meal for me...but was really well sorted out.

We are expereinced travellers and have been abroad many times.

The check in onto the Ship wasnt good.

The white building where the check-in procedure, checking debit/credit cards, security photos etc has no seating...and had to search for a chair for sister and eventually a wheelchair.

The minibus that was promised to take us across the pier to the ship left without us...we were not the last through check-in...but although the minibus was supposed to return...it didnt. The staff must have gone in the minibus as we could not see them walking any distance in front of us.

Did see the minibus returning from the last drop off....

So two past sell by date women, with hand luggage...were left to find own way across the pier, in the semi-darkness, over uneven ground for what was, for us, a 15 minute walk. I am also not steady on feet...so couldnt risk walking directly to ship...had to follow the streetlights.....

Two non-english speaking young men appeared...and offered to push wheelchair...and ...we couldnt have made it across the pier without.

Sister and I both had visions of us being new recuits to a harem....As far as I could tell, they were not Thomsons staff...might have been ships crew..dont know.

No-one bothered about us. We must have been visible from the ship.

Thomsons staff must have known they were two people missing.

By the time we got to the ship...sister was quite aggitated...and upset. Needed to settle her.

Yes I have written to Thomsons, without any response, in 3 weeks.

We would have been wary to accept the services of anyone unknown to us in UK...but didnt have much option.

What I am saying to any of you..is be careful. Be very careful.

If moderators wish to delete this..then please do so....

Omitted that I also had 2 suitcases to move as well.

So one sister in wheelchair, two pieces hand luggage, two suitcases

Wasnt an easy time.

For those of you not familiar...look at Google earth.....(well worth doing anyway) and see how far it is.....

Not a word from Thomsons...yet

J

Archived