Car rental help POA 6/12/10

wwb

Could someone knowledgable about the POA help me with what port addresses I need to book my rental cars from? Any recommendations appreciated!

wwb

Could someone knowledgable about the POA help me with what port addresses I need to book my rental cars from? Any recommendations appreciated!

wwb

You need to rent from the airport locations for the following ports: Nawilwili, Kauai; Kahului, Maui; and Hilo, Hawaii. Also use the airport location if you rent in Honolulu and want picked up or dropped off at the Honolulu pier. There will be shuttles to pick you up from the pier and take you to the rental office--the shuttles are 5-10 minute drive.

In Kona, Hawaii, DO NOT RENT FROM THE AIRPORT--it is too far away and the traffic is terrible. In Kona, rent from either Thrifty or Dollar at the King Kam Hotel which is right across from the tender pier. Or rent from Enterprise who will pick you up at the pier which is 5-10 minutes from their rental office. At the King Kam, you will pay a premium for the convenience--Enterprise is less expensive, but you do have to call for the shuttle and wait for them to come get you. They open at 8am so if you call at 8am you will be in the shuttle by 8:10am and signing the papers by 8:20am.

Pizzalady1,

Thank you for the information. We had attempted to book the Kona King Kamehameha Hotel location, but we were getting a location closed message. So we made a reservation via the airport location.

After reading your message, I called Thrifty and found that I need to put in a pick-up time of 8:00 am, as this is when they open, and a return time of noon, as this is when they close. You can return the car later in the day via a drop box. So I cancelled the airport reservation and rebooked for the hotel location. I appreciate the advice.

Thanks

ddaz

GBY

Archived