cancellation of third guest

Is it before final payment? Then, I believe the deposit for the 3rd is deducted from the final price of the cruise for the two remaining. If the 3rd wanted his/her deposit back, then that can also be arranged. When you cancel, tell them what you want done.

You can keep the same cabin even if the 3rd is not occupying it.

I booked last week with final payment due right away. I was told explicitly that there would be no penalty for removing the third passenger. I also looked at the contract of terms which says that the third and fourth pax deposits are subject to their own rules (ie. not the same as 1st and 2nd passengers).

That said, we have just decided not to bring DS with us, and we will be cancelling him from the sailing - I'll post as to whether RCCL gives me a hard time or not.

I just spoke with Crown & Anchor online - FYI here is the word for word transcript.

Q [19:53]: I booked 3 people in my JS cabin, and am now considering removing the 3rd person. Final payment has already been made. Will there be any difficulty in cancelling the 3rd person?

SamanthaRCCL [19:55]: The only time you would have any difficulty cancelling the third guest in a stateroom would be within one week of sailing.

Q[19:56]: Excellent, so you can confirm if I cancel prior to 7 days, that I will be able to get a full refund?

SamanthaRCCL [19:58]: If the cancellation for the third person only the there would not be any penalties assessed up to 7 days prior to sailing. This will only apply to the third guest in the stateroom.

Pamela, Thanks for setting me straight on the 3rd pax cancellation policy. I am sorry to have posted an inaccurate statement. Thank you for caring enough to come back here and post the correct policy.

Ya learn something new every day, I guess.

emily rose, I am glad that things may work out for you and your situation.

I dont' know how it works on the third person but I've had a 2nd not make the cruise and I didn't find out until two days before sailing that they couldn't make it. I didn't call and cancel the cruise...it was a gift to a friend. I showed up at the pier and told the agent, while checking in, that my gfriend was not going to make it.

expecting anything just eating the cost (it was a three day). Well after the cruise I got a full refund for the other person...totally shocked and surprised. Oddly enough it happened again with the same person same cruise and I was refunded again...Just thought I would share this...it's strange because if I had called to cancel there may have been penalties. Don't know...:confused:

Archived