Cruise Insurance Policy

ftrplt

Dear Friends, Due to an unfortunate incident with my travel agent, the 14 day insurance policy purchase time limit was missed. I have pre-existing conditions and by missing this deadline I find that the agent has placed me in a truly untenable position. I am booked on a very special once in a lifetime cruise and I cannot change dates, travel agents or cruise lines.

I have secondary government insurance and the policy my travel agent suggested states that under "Emergency Medical/Dental I am not covered. Under an "Important Notice". In this same section it states" If you're eligible for benefits or compensation through a government-funded program other than Medicaid, you don't qualify for this coverage. Also, insurance regulations state that an individual cannot change agents and start a new 14 day limit.

I am in excellent condition now and have not been hospitalized for any condition for over 180 days.

The cruise line ticket was purchased on January 26, 2010. Does anyone know of an insurance policy that allows an individual to purchase an all encompassing insurance policy to include 100% Trip Interruption and Cancellation, plus emergency medical/dental and evacuation after the 14 day time limit? God Bless.

FTRPLT

ftrplt: if you a USAA member, they offer excellent coverage through a subcontractor travel insurer. Go to the USAA website and look for products and services.

I had to make a claim once, and they paid promptly with no hassle.

If you are not a USAA member, check available policies at www.insuremytrip.com

Good luck!

If you have not made final payment yet, there are some policies that will waive pre-existing conditions if purchased within 24-hours of making your final payment...I believe CSA is the company, but check through insuremytrip.com for specifics.

I used insuremytrip to check different policies and ended up purchasing CSA LUXE (pre-existing waiver) BUT purchase directly thru the CSA website it is less expensive than at insuremytrip

jean

I used insuremytrip to check different policies and ended up purchasing CSA LUXE (pre-existing waiver) BUT purchase directly thru the CSA website it is less expensive than at insuremytrip

jean

Actually, CSA is not set up this way. Their premiums are exactly the same no matter how the policy is purchased -- either directly with them or through a broker such as insuremytrip. The most common cause of this appearing to happen is the VERY confusing way CSA has of naming their plans. There are currently available through various sources:

CSA Freestyle Luxe

CSA Custom Luxe and

CSA Luxe plan (part of the Comfort plans)

Each of these three plans has differences in the coverages and also in how the premiums are figured.

If you're getting differences in the premiums you're either entering slightly different info in the quote form for each or you're comparing similarly-named but different plans with each other.

One important difference is that with the Custom plans offered on insuremytrip you do indeed need to upgrade to the more expensive Luxe version in order to get the coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. With the Freestyle and Comfort plans you can stay with the less-expensive base plan and get this coverage. There can be quite a bit of a savings by doing so.

Archived