Deck 6 or deck 12 on Oasis

Are you talking about identical room categories?

You will be closer to the sports areas on Deck 12. But on Deck 6 you will be closer to the Boardwalk. The only drawback to being so close to the Boardwalk is that there are many of those shops that have extra fees - so the kids may have too much time to wander and spend money!

Rightly or wrongly, I have one general rule when booking specific cabins. I always book cabins on decks with other cabins above and below. This usually assures the quietest experience, especially after hours. Now you can have a loud bunch of folks above or below you, but I'm certain you do not want a cabin below or above a public area that cruisers or crew use 24 hours a day. We once had a cabin under Chops. We had to endure banging of chairs and tables as they cleaned well into the wee hours of the morning.

So, I would go with Deck 12. Not a guarantee of quiet, but a much better chance than Deck 6 with public areas and the jogging track below and just across the hal lfrom public and crew areas. Just my opinion...

----------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Our kids, 18 and 20, and us spend the majority of our time on the ship on the pool/sports deck. I go for Deck 12, hands down, as it is much closer to that, along with the points stated by another poster about what is above and below you.

I hope the noise is not too bad. ..We love sleeping with the balcony door open. ..Love the sounds and smell of the sea...Our cabin is midship deck 6....

had balcony cabin midship deck 6. very quiet and ultra convenient to grab cup of coffee early in the am at either the donut shop on the boardwalk,or 1 flight down at the promenade cafe.

We had a Central Park balcony on Deck 12 and it could not have been more perfect. The elevators on Oasis are fast, frequent and large so being on 12 isn't an issue for attractions on the lower decks and its just two flights up to all the pools and attractions on the sports deck.

We never waited more than 15 seconds for an elevator. I was amazed and there were 5,900 passengers on board for our sailing.

Archived