Thomson Dream Hopefully Good News

Hi,

I have just phoned both Costa and Thomson's.

Costa referred me back to Thomson's. As far as they are concerned they have handed her over to them.

The Thomson's rep said they have had it reconfirmed today that they will be getting the ship as promised for April.

So hopefully it is good news for both April cruises.

Berwyn

Hi,

I have just phoned both Costa and Thomson's.

Costa referred me back to Thomson's. As far as they are concerned they have handed her over to them.

The Thomson's rep said they have had it reconfirmed today that they will be getting the ship as promised for April.

So hopefully it is good news for both April cruises.

Berwyn

Good news for you all! :D I'm really pleased as, from reading the forum, it's clear that there's a lot of excitement and anticipation from soon-to-be travellers on Dream - and for those of us who are just wanting to hear all about it!!!!! :D It will be very disappointing if things aren't able to go to plan so fingers crossed that things are now on track for your sailings in April. :):):)

I chose and booked this itinery(more or less) last April and swapped ship last July, so I feel like I've been waiting forever already. I was starting to get a bit concerned everything was going to go pear shaped with our holiday. Can't wait to read the first reports on here now. Roll on April!

well done berwyn. do you think there will be some sort of offical announcment.

I am delighted that costa have handed it over. Does that mean they handed it over unrepaird? Or is it fixed. No-one seems to know where the costa europa/dream is .

I hope they tell us something definately soon

Good news for you all! :D I'm really pleased as, from reading the forum, it's clear that there's a lot of excitement and anticipation from soon-to-be travellers on Dream - and for those of us who are just wanting to hear all about it!!!!! :D It will be very disappointing if things aren't able to go to plan so fingers crossed that things are now on track for your sailings in April. :):):)

Thanks Kruzseeka,

Hopefully now we can concentrate on the cruise and not worry about no ship in just over a month.

It is just worrying me that she still seems to be in Sharm and not showing up on the Marine Traffic website on her way to Palermo.

Berwyn

well done berwyn. do you think there will be some sort of offical announcment.

I am delighted that costa have handed it over. Does that mean they handed it over unrepaird? Or is it fixed. No-one seems to know where the costa europa/dream is .

I hope they tell us something definately soon

Hi,

there should be some sort of announcement on Thomson's website at least.

The lady at Thomson's seemed confident about it, more than the man I spoke to last week.

I hope we don't have to wait until your tickets arrive before we know for definite.

You think common courtesy would make them contact our travel agents at least and let them ring us as to how things are progressing.

I know we are talking 1500 people if your cruise is fully booked, but that only means about 700 bookings. And they could contact us either through email for online bookings and T.A.'s for the rest

The ship was in Sharm El Sheik as of last Thursday afternoon Egyptian time.

I know they've got to repair the hull before moving her, but as i said in the post above above I'd be happier if she was already in the dockyard in Palermo.

Berwyn

I found this other ship tracking site

www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

It shows ships north of the Suez canal

Costa Europas call sign is IBCE

She is is still somewhere in the 'here be dragons' area.

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I've never had much joy in using that one. It is still showing Costa Europa entering the Red Sea from the Gulf of Aden.

Hopefully when she goes through the Suez Canal we'll pick her up.

We could do with a few dragons to speed up welding the patch on her side

Berwyn

good news ,its a bit strange because i have just got of the phone to thomson and they told me there isnt any new information .The guy on the phone said as it is a Costa ship at them moment they don't know and as soon as they have more information they would let us know .

good news ,its a bit strange because i have just got of the phone to thomson and they told me there isnt any new information .The guy on the phone said as it is a Costa ship at them moment they don't know and as soon as they have more information they would let us know .

Thanks Kev,

I phoned at 1p.m. Sounds like they've still got no idea really.

I thought it odd when the Costa woman said to ring Thomson's, if they're still fixing it it should be still Costa's responsibility.

Berwyn

Hi, I have just been informed that Costa Europa will sail from Sharm on Friday and is anticipated to arrive in dry dock on 18th March.

Good news all around I feel :-)

how do you know that, who did you speak to. like the later poster i have been told, not thomsons yet , still costa , cant comment.

Boogle Dearth calculations an average speed of about 10 knots clearing the canal sometime on sunday and arriving at Messina sometime thursday.

to meet the original schedule she would have been transferred to Thomson on the 13th so there is a 5 day delay. It may be that Thomsons have better access to the ship during the repair which could make up for lost time?

Boogle Dearth calculations an average speed of about 10 knots clearing the canal sometime on sunday and arriving at Messina sometime thursday.

to meet the original schedule she would have been transferred to Thomson on the 13th so there is a 5 day delay. It may be that Thomsons have better access to the ship during the repair which could make up for lost time?

From what I've understood Thomson's will only need to pain the funnel and change the name on her and perhaps stick some interior small decorative stuff.

Don't want to wander into the Seniorinas instead of the gents :)

Apart from a clean.

Thanks for the timings on the canal transit etc.

Berwyn

I've just rung Thomson's again, 4.50 p.m. and got a different girl. She said they definitely don't know anything new from last week and are still expecting handover on time.

You think the management would get them all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Berwyn

True, Ah well, we'll have to wait now to see if she moves from Sharm over the weekend. She'll have to go soon

The way i look at it is the amount of money they'll lose if they don't get it out on time, so i think they'll make sure they get it finished ;)

Hi, we are first time cruisers and we have also booked on the Dream for 27/07/2010.

Can't wait to see some photo's of the ship.

Hello and welcome,

There are a load of pics here of her as Costa Europa taken by passengers.

http://www.zoover.com/costa-europa/cruise-ship/photos#tabs

Thomson's are not going to change her after handover until the Autumn, so they will give you an idea of her.

Berwyn

Hi,

yes it is, and they are a helpful lot too. If anyone has a query there is always someone who will have the answer for them.

the problem can be recognising them when you are aboard if they are on the same cruise as you, unless you have arranged to meet somewhere beforehand.

Berwyn

Archived