Taxi's and carseats

Bert64

Are all the taxis there cars, or do they have any shuttle bus type ones where a car seat isn't necessary? I'd really love to not have to haul a car seat arount the beach/port all day. It'll be 5 in our party (2 adults, 2 kids and a toddler) if that makes any difference.

Anyone have any experience with taking the young ones here and getting around WITHOUT a car seat?

It's been years since my last visit, but I think they have both cars and shuttle vans. When are you cruising? I'll be there in April with my 4-year-old and can let you know if you're not sailing until after I return.

Also, how big is the toddler? Last year, I bought a simple lightweight backless booster (min. weight for child = 30 pounds) for my then 3-year-old. It was a LOT easier than carting around the full carseat, and attached to the back of the stroller very easily with a couple of bungees.

Other options are to get one of those car seats that can be used as a stroller, or a backpack-style carry bag for your carseat.

We're cruising in August and she'll be 18 months at that time, so she'd need an actual seat. But it would be great if you could please let me know if they have shuttle vans that are taxi's so I don't have to worry about a car seat. We're wanting to go to Paradise Beach.

Archived