1/23/05 Cruise and the Blizzard

greenie

Pretty sure it was a 10 day cruise going out that left on Thursday the 20th--the Sunday departures on 7 dayers resume on February 20 (that's me!)

Robin

Robin is correct the Dawn sailed into St Thomas this morning, just a little late but she's in warm water now.

I also feel sorry for the passengers that were due to fly out yesterday into Miami for a cruise....I heard that something like 2500 flights were cancelled...Not only were some of those passengers flying in the same day of their cruise, what about the ones that were flying in a day early and still haven't gotten on a flight???

Good luck to all....I hope you make it (or at the very least have insurance)...

Robin is correct the Dawn sailed into St Thomas this morning, just a little late but she's in warm water now.

The Dawn docked about 3 hours late in St. Thomas. It would have been a nightmare had the turn around been today. Timing is everything.

From the St. Thomas Webcam the Dawn docking:

webDawnStthom.jpg.45db067af45e6deb12fe40101d6ecad6.jpg

I'm cruising the Dawn on Feb. 27th. Does anyone know what happens if there is a snowstorm that delays the sailing significantly? Are you refunded the cost of the cruise or a choice of cruising at another date?

NCl has a winter weather gtd. - I think the cruise has to be 12 hours late. you can choose a $100 credit or refund. That would gives NCL until 4 am to get out of NYC. Check NCL.com, Fleet, Dawn, Winter Weather.

Dawn was fortunate not to be docking in New York today, having left on Thursday. While she would have had little trouble docking today, passengers getting to the ship would have had problems but since the snow stopped by noon, I am sure the ship would have delayed departure to receive them. De-barking passengers would be getting off as the snow ended. Even in this worst case winter scenario, it still beats flying to a cruise as thousands of stranded airport passengers can attest.

I'm so glad to hear the Dawn left on Thursday! *whew* As I sat inside yesterday and today looking at the storm, all I could do was think of cruising! And of some people maybe having had their plans messed up.:(

I agree that there probably are some bummed out people, thanks to the flights being canceled. I hope it works out for them!

Archived