San Juan on the Victory - Self Assist Debarkation?

purrlinda

When I did this itinerary on 2007, we were able to self assist for debarkation.

When I was browsing the CCL Extranet last night I noticed that San Juan is not one of the ports where it says this is allowed.

I called Carnival today to verify and she told me that self assist is not available in San Juan. (I suspected she was looking at the same information as I was.) She asked me to hold and spoke to someone else who said that it is not in their system that you can self assist for San Juan and that if the ship is doing something, it hasn't been reported back to San Juan.

Has anyone who has been on the Victory recently done self assist? I'm curious. I have an early flight (1045AM) and need to get off ASAP. Let me know! Thank you.

I did the Victory last Sept and am VIP and still was not off the ship and out of the terminal until 10:30. The problem is immigration. They examine every single form and passport.

You may want to reconsider your flight time. It has been reported more than once on these boards that debarkation in San Juan is a nightmare.

I did the Victory last Sept and am VIP and still was not off the ship and out of the terminal until 10:30. The problem is immigration. They examine every single form and passport.

You may want to reconsider your flight time. It has been reported more than once on these boards that debarkation in San Juan is a nightmare.

:facepalm:

I scheduled a 2PM flight last time when I did this itinerary on the Destiny (10/2007) and was off the ship by 7:30 and at the airport by 8, with a 6 hour wait and no luck getting on an earlier flight. I opted for the 1045AM flight because it's the only non stop back to LAX.

It seems that I might be rolling the dice if I stick with this flight. I might need to just suck it up and fly home later on a connecting flight. The San Juan to LA flight was only $192 so that's all I'll loose.

We were on the Victory for the 2/7/2010 sailing and a couple we meet did self assist. I don't know how fast they got off but we were group 10 and were in the Sheraton by 8:30. The ship was in port early as we had missed our last port due to ocean swells so that may have been why we got off early. But by reading some of the reviews there are times when the first to get off are alot later. It may be safer to take a later flight.

We were on the Victory for the 2/7/2010 sailing and a couple we meet did self assist. I don't know how fast they got off but we were group 10 and were in the Sheraton by 8:30. The ship was in port early as we had missed our last port due to ocean swells so that may have been why we got off early. But by reading some of the reviews there are times when the first to get off are alot later. It may be safer to take a later flight.

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like they still are doing self assist at least, which is a good sign. Probably going to take a later flight, not sure I want to roll the dice while I am there.

Thanks for posting this question! We are doing this cruise on April 11 out of San Juan and I posted the same question a few days ago and got no replies. Without looking at my flight itinerary, I believe we have a 3:00pm flight out of SJ to Cincinnati. I wonder if we should look into self assist debark since I see some of the replies to your posting indicates this port is slow at debarkation??!! If we can do a self assist, I would feel better doing so....would rather sit at the airport and know we are off the ship and awaiting our flight!

Thanks for posting this question! We are doing this cruise on April 11 out of San Juan and I posted the same question a few days ago and got no replies. Without looking at my flight itinerary, I believe we have a 3:00pm flight out of SJ to Cincinnati. I wonder if we should look into self assist debark since I see some of the replies to your posting indicates this port is slow at debarkation??!! If we can do a self assist, I would feel better doing so....would rather sit at the airport and know we are off the ship and awaiting our flight!

I decided to take a later flight as I'm just too anxious to worry about it. Carnival says not to schedule flights before noon so with a 3PM flight, you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping that self assist is available also, my flights leaves at 1:15, I usually book something for around noon and everytime have ended up at the airport around 8:30 which makes for a long wait in the airport, I usually sail from Miami this is my first time sailing out of San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

if you use the i think its the bagg program not sure if thats what its called but for $20 carnival will take ya bags to the airport and you dont see them again till ya get home.they print ya pass and all out for you im going to use this hope it saves some time.

scott

we did this in jan - our flight was at 10:30 - went to the purser desk with our travel docs - were assigned to group 2 - we were in san juan airport by 8:30 - unfortunately the flight was delayed 2 hours but it was good to know we had plenty of time to think about the breakfast on the lido we didn't have rushing and worrying about getting to the airport on time....:rolleyes:

Archived