Need info on TA crossing

ZellaLamb

We are booked on a transatlantic crossing on HA Noordam in May. Has anyone else done this? Does anyone have info on the ports? I use a scooter and (generally) have no problem with cobbles or gangways. The scooter comes apart to fit in a trunk or bus.

The ports are: Funchal, Maderia, Cadiz (wSeville), Malaga, Alicante and Barcelona.

We've spent some time in Barcelona and Malage before but have never been to the other ports. Any tips would be welcome!

Kate

You may have problems in Madeira as they just suffered terrible flooding with a lot of destruction. While some things may be repaired by the time you cruise, it's likely things will not be anywhere near normal. There are places right across the street from the dock, where you can purchase some port and there is a port factory right there. It's an easy ride in a scooter.

We are booked on a transatlantic crossing on HA Noordam in May. Has anyone else done this? Does anyone have info on the ports? I use a scooter and (generally) have no problem with cobbles or gangways. The scooter comes apart to fit in a trunk or bus.

The ports are: Funchal, Maderia, Cadiz (wSeville), Malaga, Alicante and Barcelona.

We've spent some time in Barcelona and Malage before but have never been to the other ports. Any tips would be welcome!

Kate

You may have problems in Madeira as they just suffered terrible flooding with a lot of destruction. While some things may be repaired by the time you cruise, it's likely things will not be anywhere near normal. There are places right across the street from the dock, where you can purchase some port and there is a port factory right there. It's an easy ride in a scooter.

I think ZellaLamb was looking for info on the ports she is stopping at and not where to buy port wine. :D

Kate

I think ZellaLamb was looking for info on the ports she is stopping at and not where to buy port wine. :D

Oh no! I am ALWAYS interested in where to buy wine! LOL!

Archived