4 Islands--- 3 different times???

holdon216

Sailing on The Dream this July. Out of Florida. I understand that Roatan and Belize will be two hours behind Florida/ship time. Costa Maya and Cozumel will be one hour behind Florida/ship time. Will the ship change clocks in each port or do they tell you before hand...ATTENTION...SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR ETC.??? :confused: TY

Sailing on The Dream this July. Out of Florida. I understand that Roatan and Belize will be two hours behind Florida/ship time. Costa Maya and Cozumel will be one hour behind Florida/ship time. Will the ship change clocks in each port or do they tell you before hand...ATTENTION...SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR ETC.??? :confused: TY

The ship will stay on Florida time, so when they say you get to Belize at 8am, it will be 6am local. This is important because when you are off the boat, the local clocks will not be representative of the actual time you need to get back to the boat, best to have a watch set to the ship time and never adjust it! :)

TY. I had heard that some Cruise Lines change the clocks. So i was not sure on Carnival.

Do the tours on the various islands adjust their tour times earlier to fit the needs of the tourists? Like in Belize. What the heck time do i set up a tour for if they are at 6am when we get there. I do understand that tendering will take some time. So many questions...so little time. Thanks

I think there are some instances where they change the ship time but it would be VERY obvious when they do, all over the Fun Times and announcements and signs, etc. I think they really only do that for transatlantic or Panama Canal trips though, you shouldn't expect any time changes staying in the Caribbean.

Most private guides are very familiar with the ship schedules (remember, the same boat was there just a week earlier or so right! ;) ) so they know you show up at 6am. But, when you arrive at 8, I understand it takes a bit to set up the tender process, then they let off all the Carnival ship excursions, THEN let off the independent people, so you may not get off until 9/930 ship time. I have not gone on my W. Caribbean cruise yet, never tendered, so I won't know the real deal until April, but this is the gist of what I've gathered off the board and the cruise reviews here. :)

Archived