On the Jewel -3/8/10!

barbl123

Having a wonderful time-wish you were here ! OK - that's just to get your attention! But I am on the Jewel and it is great. Boarding went quickly and we were on the ship, eating (what else?) before noon. The rest of the day went quickly - by 2pm we could get into our room and the luggage was there shortly after muster -which was easy since we didn't need life jackets! We met up with some CC friends for drinks and then dinner-the opening night show -comic Tim K was halarious! His show is not to be missed.

Day 1 at sea -temps were warm - I got a spa pedicure and then we went to our Meet & Greet! (Just a quick note-IF you sign on to be at the M&G -try to attend the getogether-1-its a nice way to meet others and 2-the line has gone to the trouble of putting aside a room and it's just nice if we actually have attendees) Now that being said - we had about 15 (of teh 30 or so who said theywere coming) and the captain, above mentioned comic, head of hotel, John O Hara, Paul Baya, cruise director and other crew members were there to meet with us, and answer any questions we had about the ship. It was fun and informative! After that we went to a special Indian lunch at Le Bistro- GREAT Indian food-then headed to the pool, Now I will mention that this is spring break week- so poolside entertainment has been interesting! After a great dinner at Tsars we hit the Newlywed game with the usual embarrassing answers and then the production show - Band on the Run- great singing & Dancing and one particular dancer who clearly is double jointed!

More to follow about Roatan- first stop!

barbl123...can't wait to hear more! My mom, youngest brother and 7 others are on this cruise...and since I've planned it for them I'm very eager to hear how things are going. Hope you are all having a magnificent time!! Although...you're on a cruise...so I KNOW it is great.

day 2 Roatan-getting off ship was hectic -once we got off ship all the tours were lined up on the dock. We were doing the kayak & snorkle tour. We took a short bus ride to West Bay and our group went kayaking first -a "guided" paddle to the other side of the beach -about 20-25 minutes then a short walk thru a banana plantation, then paddle back. After a great lunch it was our turn to snorkle. We went from the beach with the guides showing us the route around the reef. I would say for experienced snorklers, this is not a great tour, kind of crowded, but ok. Then back to the bus and port.

So far the food and service have been great -I'm always amazed at the people who complain about everything. We sat by the pool for a bit - then dinner in Azur and tonites show was a juggling comic - Barry John - very clever! Ship is a bit rocky tonite -hope it calms down for Belieze tomorrow! More to come!

I'm on the Jewel next week on March 14th and it's good to hear that the staff onboard still did turn out for the gathering. Our group is much larger and I do expect everyone to show up. I do agree with you OP that the cruise line does go through a lot to get this put together and people should show up if they say they are going to attend.

Tim K is a riot. He's fresh back from vacation on your cruise so it sounds like he's in prime form already. I wonder which dancer you are referring to about being double jointed?? LOL

Have a great time and get her back in one piece to Miami for us! Oh btw... is the rennovations in Spinnaker's done? I read somewhere that they were tearing up the floor in there. :cool:

We were on the Jewel for 2 weeks in January- my husband told Tim Kaminski that he owed us a pair of panties- he said that I laughed so much that I peed my pants- the next night he used it for a bit in his act, so we and other pax and NCL employees kept asking him when would he fork over those panties- one night in the Azura he saw us, stood up, and asked "How many people do you know???" Later he said he was "collecting" dental floss and knitting the garment. Well, you know I'd rather have NEW dental floss, it would be more hygenic and minty-fresh. So, when you see him around, and you will, ask him where Laurie's panties are. It should crack him up.:)

We will be on the Jewel in April for the 13 day repo and am wondering if you have noted any wine specials. Thanks for your on the scene reports:) Cindy

Have you checked out the 4/11 Roll Call. Big group and if you are interested join us for the M&G and gift exchange, 125 signed up so far. John

barbl123...can't wait to hear more! My mom, youngest brother and 7 others are on this cruise...and since I've planned it for them I'm very eager to hear how things are going. Hope you are all having a magnificent time!! Although...you're on a cruise...so I KNOW it is great.

And you didn't go with them:eek:

Day 4- Belize - Woke up to see 4 other ships tendered out from Belize City - 3 Carnival, a RC and us! Wwe had a late tendering time - 9:45 for our horseback riding tour - it still took almost 1/2 hour to get to the tenders - then a 15 minute tender ride -then we stood in line for almost 1/2 hour to get on the bus for a 35 min ride to the park -Once we got there it was lunch time then we had time to swim then finally the ride. There were 40 of us so it took another 1/2 hour to saddle everyone up -once we got on our way - the ride was fun - mostly walking pretty trails NO BUGS! I am an experienced rider and wasn't expecting anything more than a nice walk in the forest and that's what it was! Then back on the bus and back to the port and just made it back to the ship for the last tender at 4:30!

The weather has been wonderful (for those who asked) and I would mention for those it makes a difference - there is no cream rinse in the bathrooms nor bar soap - so if these make a difference to you - bring your own. Heading out to the show - Country night - not my favorite but who can resist a show? Tomorrow beach day in Costa Maya - will post a short report then!

Those of you who are doing this cruise in the coming weeks are in for a treat!

Last port day -Thursday (lost track of day #!) Costa Maya- got in early - those RC & Carnival ships are following us! We planned a quiet beach day at a private tour All Inclusive. Followed the directions to get the bus which took us directly to the club. Hurricane damage is still very evident in this area but it is slowly coming back. Our club (Blue Bay Beach) was small in a quiet area of the boardwalk area-which we liked - all inclusive of drinks & food and a nice beach. A short walk further up the beach are many more of the same, with vendors and more restaurants if one wants more action. After a full day on the beach we headed back to the port area, looked around and back to the ship.

A light Sushi dinner (if you like sushi -don't miss this!) and the magic show with Jean Pierre left us all saying "how'd he do that?". We managed to stay awake (!) for the late show -comic Tim K doing standup -and he had us rolling in the seats, tears down my face!

Today (Friday) quiet day at sea - will try to avoid the Spring breakers (!) and just relax. Can't wait for the big show tonite - Cirque type show - will post tomorrow about that.

All you folks coming on in the next few weeks - you will have a blast - again the crew has been wonderful - can't be more helpful -no matter what is asked of them - and I have seen them get some pretty strange requests!

Hi! I'm so grateful that you are writing this day-by-day journal - it is so helpful! You mention sushi - which restaurant serves it? Is there a surcharge, and can you eat as much as you want or is it pay-by-the-piece?

I have been dreaming of all you can eat sushi - will my dreams come true?

Thanks again for all the great info - I am traveling with my two daughters next week and just can't wait.

So nice to read all your posts about your trip! I am going on April 4th (Easter Sunday!) with my hhubby, 7 year old daughter and sister. We are sooo excited! Is the weather any warmer yet? I am from Florida so I am aching for warmer weather (it's been chilly here too!). Glad to hear you are having a great time!

Last day out- first to answer Mamacol's sushi question - yes it is all you can eat and $15pp- well worth it! The weather has been wonderful - yesterday was the first partly cloudy day we have had.

Day at sea was nice and (almost) relaxing - as usual the Spring Breakers provided much entertainment (!) and noise - the ships crew does it's best to keep them under somewhat control -but....it is what it is -and there are always other places than the pool to sit if you want more peace and quiet.

Last night's show - Cirque Bijou was amazing - not to be missed - make sure you get there early to get a good seat - in the lower 1/2 of the theater to see the full effects. The blonde dancer I mentioned earlier and her husband were the "stars" and she is something to watch!

TOday is Stirrup Cay and not sure I will even go over - may just enjoy the quiet - assuming the SB's go over! Then packing and getting organized to head out early tomorrow.

OVer all this has been a wonderful week- great weather, food, service and entertainment. Those of you who mentioned you are booked are in for a treat! Enjoy and don't eat too much!

Last post (my internet time is running out!) We didn't make it to GSC today - water was too rough to tender- but still had a great day on ship - DON'T miss the final show - the crew "talent" show and the finale "Fountains" Truely a theatrical jewel!

Happy Cruising to all!

Archived