OBC vs Oceanview Room- opinions, please??

We will be sailing on the Oasis on May 8th and we have $820 OBC (part from booking on previous cruise, part from changing an interior state room to a guaranteed interior state room, and part from Royal Points with our RC credit card). We just discovered the guaranteed interior state room difference today and called and had that added in (which was $420 of the total). Since we have so much OBC now, we are debating using the credit card points for an upgrade to an oceanview room. Doing so would still leave us with $670 OBC and we'd be know for sure we wouldn't be stuck in a horrible room. We spend minimal time in the room when we cruise and especially with all there is to see/do on the Oasis we know we won't be there much.

My question to all of you is- would you rather $820 OBC with a guarantee interior stateroom or $670 OBC with an oceanview room. We're having a tough time deciding so we'd truly appreciate any feedback/opinions.

one problem with getting the ocean vie with Balcony you will never wnt to go back trust me.:)

Lol I would imagine that, unfortunately, there's no balcony... it's just oceanview with a big ol' window the woman said... which would still be lovely compared to a regular interior stateroom

I would definitely go for the ocean view balcony room. You can enjoy the scenery without leaving your room. It's wonderful to have, especially early in the mornings. You can relax, have coffee, read a book while everyone else is sleeping!

My husband and I loved going to our balcony for a while in the afternoons before getting dressed for dinner. :)

all because you have an interior guarantee doesnt mean you will get a bad room or location. You may actually get a worse location for your oceanview.

I would stick with the OBC since we rarely are in the rooms

Just returned from the Oasis March 6th and we had an oceanview...very large porthole that you can actually sit in. We loved it. We spent much of our time doing other things but the sunsets and mornings looking out. It is a huge window. Treat yourself and you will not regret it ! ENJOY !!!

• 1 year later...

Archived