Cabo Family Suggestions

Fire6

We're sailing on Carnival Pride Feb. 20 and have made plans in PV (Canopy tour) and Mazatlan (Randi's Happy Horses), but are unsure what to do in Cabo.

We have kids ages 6 and 10. I've scoured this board and am under the impression that Cabo is not the place for shopping (better prices at the other ports).

I was thinking of some parasailing (JT Watersports seems to be well regarded) and maybe spending some time at a hotel? The Hotel Finisterra seems to have a good pool and has had some good reviews.

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated. This is our first time in Cabo and we're not sure what to expect.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey K.H. I could tell it was you by your home town. This is your neighbor. :)

Last year in Cabo, we went to the end of the beach (take a taxi its a long walk) and rented SeaDos. I think we negotiated a $55/hour rate. The ship is docked out in front of the beach...quite a ways...but you can take the SeaDo out and circle the ship and just cruise around. Its pretty fun!

The other thing is for about $5 per person you can take a water tax over to a place called Lover's beach where there is great snorkeling and beaches. Although, there is only a portapotty and no place to eat so bring your own food for lunch (and drinks). For $15 you can do the same with snorkeling gear. It was pretty rough when we were there so snorkeling was hard.

I have encluded a picture

1360609048_103_0314copy.jpg.b00b03ba8527cee6b79d99b76ea4745d.jpg

Dayna,

You're so close! It's actually Jim (but Kim noticed your post). Good thing we have the internet to bridge the 1000 feet between our houses!

I think we have our hearts set on parasailing in Cabo, but we'll play it by ear when we get there. We're set for a canopy tour and horseback riding in the other two ports.

Have fun on your cruise! I'll be interested to hear your comparisons between NCL and Carnival.

Jim

Archived