Olympic sightseeing

There were few sites in Vancouver Proper. Actually nothing other than the torch is left to my knowledge.

The torch is just a block North West of Canada place. I have to idea if the tours will go by there but it's an easy walk and you will be able to ask prior to boarding. anywhere and get off at CP if it doesn't go by.

To my knowledge there are no formal tours of the Olympic venues however as Left Coast has pointed out the Olympic cauldron is located in close proximity of Canada Place and the new Trade and Convention Centre which served as the world media centre is right there as well. You can easily walk from these sites to BC Place Stadium which was the venue for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and GM Place aka Canada Hockey Place is located within a block of that...all are in the downtown core. There are other venues but they would require a cab of a rental car. Here is link that provides pixs of some of the venues and Vancouver in general http://www.aerialphotoimage.com/panoramas/GreaterVancouver/OlympicVillageVancouver.html

Archived