Whats the best hotel in South Beach?

bahamaman

This July I am sailing on Ncl Epic and staying at Hilton Garden Inn near the airport for a convenient pre and post cruise stay. Next year I booked a cruise out of Miami again but I want to stay in South Beach area. It will be in 2011 and while I want to be on the beach in a decent hotel I do not want to spend a fortune. What is a reasonable, clean place to stay on the beach? HELP! I tried tripadvisor, but there were alot of conflicting reviews.

This July I am sailing on Ncl Epic and staying at Hilton Garden Inn near the airport for a convenient pre and post cruise stay. Next year I booked a cruise out of Miami again but I want to stay in South Beach area. It will be in 2011 and while I want to be on the beach in a decent hotel I do not want to spend a fortune. What is a reasonable, clean place to stay on the beach? HELP! I tried tripadvisor, but there were alot of conflicting reviews.

When are you staying, what is your budget, and what is your idea of decent?

A moderate hotel in South Beach in season will run between $179-$229 per night.

Moderates:

Courtyard Marriott South Beach

Marseilles

South Seas

Cordoza

Doubletree Surfcomber

Keep in mind that top end hotels in season start at around $600 per night. South Beach is very expensive.

I stayed at The Colony 2 years ago. It was clean and had character, but it was definitely no-frills. We paid thru-the-nose for our room as it was in-season. But, we had a grand time. The staff was great. I would stay there again in a heartbeat (especially if it was off-season).The lobby bar has the "South Beach ambiance", but the drinks (ala South Beach) were $15 for a single shot cocktail. This hotel has the right location.

I need advice for getting a hotel on South beach for 12/18 for one night, post cruise. I tried to bid on priceline up to $100 for 4 stars only, miami beach, adding in Ocean drive and Collins Oceanfront. The cheapest on priceline is The Palms for $242, plus taxes for around $300, which I would prefer and I have seen others get this hotel in April for $76. Maybe the rates are higher since this is Christmas week? Any advice??

As Blue Heron mentions, the rates are much higher at certain times of the year. I can't find anything cheaper than $250+ on the beach for my timeframe. The Eden Roc wants over $400, and also the South Beach Marriott. I did find the Courtyard Marriott on South Beach with a Marriott reward member discount for under $200.

I need advice for getting a hotel on South beach for 12/18 for one night, post cruise. I tried to bid on priceline up to $100 for 4 stars only, miami beach, adding in Ocean drive and Collins Oceanfront. The cheapest on priceline is The Palms for $242, plus taxes for around $300, which I would prefer and I have seen others get this hotel in April for $76. Maybe the rates are higher since this is Christmas week? Any advice??

As Blue Heron mentions, the rates are much higher at certain times of the year. I can't find anything cheaper than $250+ on the beach for my timeframe. The Eden Roc wants over $400, and also the South Beach Marriott. I did find the Courtyard Marriott on South Beach with a Marriott reward member discount for under $200.

Did you book the CY South Beach? Yes, it is Christmas week and prices will be high.

I'd keep your backup and start bidding again about 45 days out.

FWIW, I got the Hotel Victor for $213 a night in January for a oceanfront/pool/balcony room when the rack rate was $695 off www.LastMinuteTravel.com at the last minute. I'd stalk all of the sites.

Good luck!

Wow what a deal. I will keep a look out.

The Courtyard Marriott is at 3925 Collins Ave. Is that South Beach or Miami Beach? I don't know the difference since I've never been to Miami before. Really looking forward to checking out the area after watching CSI Miami. :D

I got the following rates off of their websites (after taxes):

Courtyard Miami Beach (ocean front, no balcony) $210

South Beach Marriott (ocean front, with balcony) $439

Eden Roc (ocean front, with balcony) $439

Thanks for your help!!

When are you staying, what is your budget, and what is your idea of decent?

A moderate hotel in South Beach in season will run between $179-$229 per night.

Moderates:

Courtyard Marriott South Beach

Marseilles

South Seas

Cordoza

Doubletree Surfcomber

Keep in mind that top end hotels in season start at around $600 per night. South Beach is very expensive.

Im looking at mid-November. I would like to keep it under $230.00 per night. Something on the beach with restaraunts and shops within walking distance. Nothing too fancy. Clean is important (no bugs). Doubletree or Marriott are familiar. How is the South Seas?

The Courtyard Marriott is at 3925 Collins Ave. Is that South Beach or Miami Beach? I don't know the difference since I've never been to Miami before. Really looking forward to checking out the area after watching CSI Miami. :D

Thanks for your help!!

I would consider it Miami Beach with South Beach beginning 20 blocks South (around 19th and Collins). However, the beach is still great and the noise / crowds is much more tolerable. It is only a 5 minute cab ride (about $10) or you can use the public buses as it is simply a straight shot down the road. I believe there is a Holiday Inn and a Sheraton Four Points in the area. Further south I remember there to be a Days Inn. I have never stayed at any of these hotels but if budget is a criteria, perhaps you should view these hotels for their rates. I hope this information helps.

Thanks for your help!!

Neither one of those are South Beach. Try the Courtyard Marriott South Beach and not Miami Beach.

I don't like Mid Beach. Too crowded with high rises and traffic is too heavy and the beach isn't as nice.

Im looking at mid-November. I would like to keep it under $230.00 per night. Something on the beach with restaraunts and shops within walking distance. Nothing too fancy. Clean is important (no bugs). Doubletree or Marriott are familiar. How is the South Seas?

I'm a big fan of the South Seas and have stayed there quite often. It is smack in the middle of the luxury hotels (Setai, Shore Club, Delano, Ritz-Carlton) at about 1/10th of the price. Great oceanfront location with a nice pool. They also have an excellent free breakfast. You can always take an early morning walk to their sister hotel The Avalon and eat free breakfast there.

Archived