Coconut shrimp recipes??

Suziekou

I hope this is the right place to post this? I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for coconut shrimp? I have a bag of frozen shrimp left from x-mas and was going to try to make some, before they go bad. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Suzie:)

I found a recipe that is supposed to be a copy of the Red Lobster Coconut Shrimp.

Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp and Sauce Recipe

Ready in:*< 30 minutes

• 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs

• 1/4 cup Corn Starch (mix with coconut and bread crumbs)

• 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes

• 1/2 cup Pina Colada Mix

• 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar

• 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

• 1/2 cup Corn Starch

• Vegetable oil for deep frying

• 1/2 pound Large Shrimp (butterfly the shrimp)

***Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce***

• 1 cup Pina Colada Mix (Major Peters mix was used)

• 1/4 cup Water

• 2 Tbs.Crushed Pineapple (drained)

• 1 tablespoon Sweetened Coconut Flakes PLUS

• 1 teaspoon Sweetened Coconut Flakes

• 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar PLUS

• 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar

• 1 1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch

• 3 teaspoons Cold Water

Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside. Combine Pina Colada mix,powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl. Heat oil for deep frying. Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375 degrees. Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture. Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.

Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce

Mix Pina Colada Mix, water,crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently. Let mixture simmer slowly 10 - 12 minutes. Mix corn starch and water together, add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3 - 5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature. Sauce is served at room temperature with Parrot Bay Rum Shrimp.

Thanks, all for the help. Sundsgn, I didn't think the recipe would be so long. Thanks, for typing it all out, that was very nice. I'll let you all know how they turn out. And I will definitely put those recipe sites in my favorites.

You've probably already used your shrimp, but I was on a CRUISE :D when you posted this, so I missed it. My recipe is super easy, but a bit messy in the fryer.

Thaw and peel shrimp, leave tail on. Rinse off shrimp and set on a paper towel. Roll shrimp in bowl of DRY drakes mix, then egg wash, then more dry drakes mix, then coconut. I let them set up for about 10 minutes before I fry them. 2-3 minutes in the fryer and they are perfect. Serve with orange marmalade (warmed up in microwave) for dipping. Yummy!

my friend swears by this recipe: All you do is mix

3/4 cup flour, enough beer to make it like a pancake

batter, about 1/2-3/4 cup, 1 tps. baking soda salt and

pepper. Whisk until all the lumps are out, dip the

shrimp in and let the extra drip off, then dredge in

unsweetened coconut (I get it at the 88) then drop

into a pot of hot oil for about 2 minutes, and they're

done. So easy.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/106513

• 3 weeks later...

When I made a similar recipe I baked the shrimp instead of frying it. I just guessed about time and temp (440 degrees until nicely browned. You'll need to turn each piece after a while or the top side won't brown.). My husband thought the sauce tasted like yogurt, so you could save time by just using pina colada flavored yogurt.

My first cruise is in 29 days!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I only buy precooked shrimp, deveining takes way too much time....so when we make coconut shrimp we take the cooked shrimp and dip in coco lopez ( small can of thick sweet coconut milk used for pina coladas from scratch) then roll in coconut flakes. Drop in th deep fryer for a few seconds to toast the coconut. Remember that the shrimp is already cooked. And voila ! ! ! ! Coconut shrimp just like in the islands.

If all else fails Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville coconut shrimp in the frozen food section is a good runner up ! ! ! !

dondonma

Archived