can you bring champagne aboard at ports of call?

ViolaSwamp

Hey all,

First CCL cruise coming up in October. I see where we can each take one bottle of champagne on board at embarkation - are we also able to each bring one bottle back on board at ports of call?

Mimosas are my favoritist drink ever - that or straight champagne - and the other gals like it too. So if we can replenish our supply at each port that would be awesome!!

Does anyone know CCL's policy on this? Thanks~!

You can bring champagne or any other booze onboard in ports, but they will collect it from you and store it for you until the last day of the cruise. They usually won't let you take it with you to your cabin.

Same with buying booze in the shops onboard ~ they will keep it for you until the last day and then deliver it to your cabin.

They have a wine package for 105 (I think) for 5 bottles of different kinds of wine. And I am pretty sure that Korbel Brut is one of the options. It is expensive considering a bottle of that is 10 dollars in a grocery store, but comparing prices on board, you save about 30 dollars by buying the package, and would be fairly cheap if you all went in together to buy it.

I just noticed your other post about ordering it from Bon Voyage. I have had someone tell me from the BV department that you CAN order the wine package from them. Of course, someone in that dept says one thing and someone else might say another. So, just keep asking until you find someone who knows what they are talking about.

Archived