Front Balcony on the Golden

Deacon22

Booked an Alaska cruise on the Golden for June. Unfortunately they only had a guarantee balcony cabin available in my price range. The travel agent said it will probably be in the front of the ship.

The difference between picking my own balcony in the back and taking the guarantee is about $528. My question is should I stay where I am, or is it worth it to be in the back for that much money?

Thanks.

Booked an Alaska cruise on the Golden for June. Unfortunately they only had a guarantee balcony cabin available in my price range. The travel agent said it will probably be in the front of the ship.

The difference between picking my own balcony in the back and taking the guarantee is about $528. My question is should I stay where I am, or is it worth it to be in the back for that much money?

Thanks.

How far up front? We had one of the new Window Suites on deck 6 up front it was nice, did not feel the ship much. We did hit a patch of rough weather but everyone on the ship was affected. On the Crown we were in D219 mini suite with a balcony no problem, very nice sailing.

Have a great sailing :)

My question is should I stay where I am, or is it worth it to be in the back for that much money?.

If you are going to be worried about it for the next 3 months before you cruise and be disappointed if you get a forward balcony, and the extra $$ is affordable, then I would recommend you taking the aft assigned cabin. However if its not a big issue for you I would recommend taking the guarantee and spend the $$ buying bottles of wine instead :D

Yep, that's actually what I decided. Just take the front and spend the extra money on some nice excursions. .

Good decision :D

Please let us know what cabin you get assigned.

Cheers

Ando

Archived