yet another champagne question

ViolaSwamp

Not sure yet if we will want to buy champagne through Bon Voyage. This is because we are bringing four bottles on board (one for each of us) and our TA has given us a bottle as well.

I can go through a bottle of champagne in one night myself, though, so I'm assuming we will want more than five bottles over the course of the week.

Long story short - can we buy bottles of champagne while onboard, at the same price as Bon Voyage pre-orders? Or, do we HAVE to order in advance?

Thanks!

Nope...you can order bottles of champagne on board without having to pre-order through Bon Voyage. Here's a link to the latest carnival wine menu...these may or may not be available at all the bars:

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

On the left side are a number of options, one of them is Beverage Menus and then Main Dining Room Wine Menu. I believe these bottles would also be available at some of the bars.

There is a wine card, that maybe includes champagne of some kind. I know there's a link somewhere in these threads.

Or... Anti-smugglers look away...

A lot of people report that when in port, they purchase a bottle of something and then when reboarding the ship, the xray person will direct them to the "alcohol table". The table is conveniently located (usually) beyond the elevators. So, put the bottle in your bag/backpack and just head up the elevators. Again, this is just reports from others, obviously, against CCL rules and different for everyone.

Bumbles - thank you!! It shows the bottle of champagne that we'd order as being cheaper than the Bon Voyage order by $5, when you factor in tax (charged if delivered to room at embarkation)!!

T&D - thanks - LOL

Bumbles - thank you!! It shows the bottle of champagne that we'd order as being cheaper than the Bon Voyage order by $5, when you factor in tax (charged if delivered to room at embarkation)!!

T&D - thanks - LOL

Hmmm...don't forget that a 15% bar gratuity will be added to any drinks you purchase while onboard the ship - that $5 savings might not actually be a savings!!

Archived