Hue(Danang) -- Shore Excursion

mjz

My partner and I would like to do a shore excursion in Hue(Danang) that involves a bicycle ride. It says the height maximum is 74 inches. I'm 73 inches and my partner is 75 inches. Please don't flame, but do you think my partner being 1 inch over will be a deal killer? Curious as to your thoughts before I make a call to the cruise line. This excursion sounds like a lot of fun.

It's kind of llike being at an amusement park and seeing a kid under the heigth requirement still being allowed on the ride....

Trip countdown is on! We leave for Hong Kong in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

My partner and I would like to do a shore excursion in Hue(Danang) that involves a bicycle ride. It says the height maximum is 74 inches. I'm 73 inches and my partner is 75 inches. Please don't flame, but do you think my partner being 1 inch over will be a deal killer? Curious as to your thoughts before I make a call to the cruise line. This excursion sounds like a lot of fun.

It's kind of llike being at an amusement park and seeing a kid under the heigth requirement still being allowed on the ride....

Trip countdown is on! We leave for Hong Kong in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest contacting Thi at SmileToursVietnam. Check the Asia board on CC. Whether you go private or not is up to you, but someone actually in Saigon could give you a better idea of the issues with being really tall and max bicycle heights and types of bicycles/brand they use.

The bicycles we used were kind of low end. They were reasonably new, and had plenty of seat height adjustment. I think they were all 27" frames - but I'm not sure about that.

Quite a few of them were single speed, with hand brakes (like the one I used), some had shifters but I did not see how many gears.

The ride is flat. No hills at all except maybe a rise in a road as you go over a bridge. No gears was not a problem.

I don't think they actually excluded anyone based on age, height, or physical fitness. It's more a matter of comfort - can you ride comfortably on a 27" frame with the seat adjusted as high as it can go.

The ride was lots of fun. We wished it was longer...

Archived