msc shuttle in Marseille?

catharina

Hi Guys

we embark in Marseille. Is there a shuttle service from the ship to Viexi port and back?

Does it run regularly and how expensive is it?

we arrive by train and I wonder is it better to take two taxis to port or walk to Vieux port and take the shuttle, if that is allowed even for inchecking passengers!

greetings

cat

There was a shuttle service when we were on the Fantasia last May. It was 10euro each for the return fare. Idon't know if you can do it the other way around though. We had to buy our ticket on the ship.the shuttles park in a side street in the vieux port area, sorry but I don't know the name of the street. It was a fairly regular service

Thanks amamondo

Well at 10 euros each and not being sure we can catch it there, we might be better of just taking taxis. I do not know the exact distance but am sure it won't be 50 euros or something like that per taxi.

thanks for the info! we might drop our stuff on the ship and go into marseille for the afternoon. Or we might not and enjoy our ship :-)

Thanks amamondo

Well at 10 euros each and not being sure we can catch it there, we might be better of just taking taxis. I do not know the exact distance but am sure it won't be 50 euros or something like that per taxi.

thanks for the info! we might drop our stuff on the ship and go into marseille for the afternoon. Or we might not and enjoy our ship :-)

Taxi from Vieux Port to dock was a little over 20 euro with tip I believe. We taxi'd from the ship to Vieux port and back instead of using the shuttle. Remember thinking that it ended up costing a bit more for the 4 of us than if we had taken the shuttle. Don't know what the cost of a taxi from the train station would be - but don't think it would be much different than what we paid from Vieux Port. So even if you could take the shuttle, it really wouldn't be worth the trouble to save just a few euros (and would have metro cost from train station to Vieux Port).

As a side note, in Barcelona, we also taxi'd to the foot of Las rambla instead of using the shuttle, that time we did save a few euro.

Thanks Buggins!

sounds like we will just take 2 taxis

and thanks for the Barcelona tip also: why bother with the shuttle of taxis are that cheap? and we want to start at the top of Las ramblas, so tha taxi can take us straight there :-)

Archived