Adriatic Explorer & Aegean Discovery - Any tips?

We are setting sale on these itineries this year has anybody been on these? Are there any tips for things we should see, or trips to do etc?

YES! and it was fabulous! We're doing it again this year! :D

The itineraries are stunning.

The ports of call are a bit different this year Korcula for Split (Korcula looks lovely from looking at travel info), Marmaris instead of Kusadasi (could be a good change too - it looks interesting) and Argostoli instead of Katakolon. Unfortunately quite a few of the trips didn't make Santorini last year because of strong winds so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed for that one!

Here are two fairly lengthy threads from last year - there are quite a few more too if you do a search for both itineraries separately on the 'Search this Forum' tab. It will give you some ideas of things to see and some of the excursions too.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=992096&highlight=pearls+the+aegean

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=989190&highlight=adriatic+explorer

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this trip - if you have any specific questions, just ask, I'll help if I can. :)

Which ship have you done this itinerary on? and which are you on this year.

io have heard before about the strong winds and a little worried the sea will be rough. is this the case?

Did it on the Celebration last year and Spirit this year. Really looking forward to it.

The Adriatic was very calm when we were there and the Aegean not bad either- although it can be choppy. The problem with Santorini - and a few other of the Greek Islands is that they are subject to particularly strong winds which can make tendering difficult. (Also the tendering is done by their port authority so if they say 'No' there's nothing else can be done!)

There was quite a bit of discussion about it last year on here as only about half of the sailings made it. I've looked for the thread but can't find it. I'll have another go later and post it if I do locate it. I think Berwyn wrote about some special winds in that area which were especially strong last year so don't know if that was the reason.

I use Stugeron if it looks as though it's going to be a bit choppy and that works for me!

Look forward to it though - it's a fantastic itinerary! :)

Archived