What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it?

steveaaaaa

Okay, I've been reading a lot of smuggling threads lately. Just curious, of course. Nothing I would ever do. I wouldn't even consider such a thing. Nope.

However, my opinion based on my research is that no matter what you do or how you do it, check it carry it wax it poke holes in it and refill or cover it with Tampons...getting it to your cabin is gonna be hit or miss depending on lots of factors including how long the line is, whether or not the x-ray examiner has a happy love life or a multitude of other factors.

Am I right??

Awesome post. :)

My friend got off the Sensation this morning and she said this worked perfectly.

Now that it's out in the open, I figure it's just a matter of time before we're no longer allowed to carry any wine onboard. :(

The screw on bottle? Or a recorked one??

What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it? And put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle?

Steve

Don't want that new xray machine to get me.:D

Why not take a big watermelon injected full of vodka like we did in high school? The xray machine would never pick that up!

Watermelon=fruit=confiscate

..........and won't customs be surprised.... when they take it home to eat it.lol

Customs confiscates fruit coming OFF the ship! Taking it on board you'd have to have it fit through the luggage scanner!:rolleyes::D

• 5 years later...
I know this thread is OLD...but this was, by far, the most entertaining (LOL entertaining) thread I've read. Made my Monday a little bit bearable!:D:D

Ditto. And I want the reading message boards for a cruise line job.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I have to agree with MickeyChicky, this is a HIGHLY entertaining thread!! :D These are my 2 favourite posts from it, absolutely hilarious!! :D

If you replace wine with booze and recork it then put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle. You will have booze in a wine bottle that has been recorked with a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle.:D

Sorry I just could not help myself.

Okay, I've been reading a lot of smuggling threads lately. Just curious, of course. Nothing I would ever do. I wouldn't even consider such a thing. Nope.

However, my opinion based on my research is that no matter what you do or how you do it, check it carry it wax it poke holes in it and refill or cover it with Tampons...getting it to your cabin is gonna be hit or miss depending on lots of factors including how long the line is, whether or not the x-ray examiner has a happy love life or a multitude of other factors.

Am I right??

Keep it up - we can't take our own spring water onboard because of booze smuggling. This continual sneaking of liquor will cause us to lose our one bottle of wine privilege. Man up and pay for your booze!

Actually drinks on the ship are not that badly priced.

For example a Cruiser has 2.5 oz of alcohol at a price of $10.95.

which works out to be $12.59 with additional gratuity. in CAD that would be $16.89.

Break that down and it is $6.76 CAD per oz.

At our local pub we pay $7.95 for an oz of rum. Therefore it is less expensive to drink on a cruise.

Happy Cruising!!!!!

Actually drinks on the ship are not that badly priced.

For example a Cruiser has 2.5 oz of alcohol at a price of $10.95.

which works out to be $12.59 with additional gratuity. in CAD that would be $16.89.

Break that down and it is $6.76 CAD per oz.

At our local pub we pay $7.95 for an oz of rum. Therefore it is less expensive to drink on a cruise.

Happy Cruising!!!!!

Exactly what I found on our last trip. Drinks didn't seem to be much higher than at a nice place at home.

Now they are much higher than what I can make at home, but that's comparing Opus and Gallo.