Victory, Feb/21 to Feb/28

sailorwife

there has been two other great reviews on here from two Friends so mine will not even come close,

I will leave the pictures for them as I am not sure how to do that;

we flew into San Juan from Ottawa Ontario, Canada on Feb.17/ and stayed at The Sheraton overnight, it was 91F when we arrived (HOT,HOT,HOT),checked into the hotel then went to the pool , it was small but nice and very windy, then we went for a walk around Old San Juan, we had been there before and enjoy it very much with the cobble stone streets which they are repairing,

that evening we went to The Latin Roots behind The Sheraton for Dinner, very nice place and food is great, I had arranged for some people we are crusing with to go to Dinner on Saturday Evening(they enjoyed it as well)

Day 2: of to rent our car and drive to Rio Grande for our 3 day stay at Rio Mar Resort, beautiful place, our room faced the rainforest,we changed and headed to the beach, the water had some waves coming in so we went into the water and I was taken out by a wave , I do not swim so my Husband grabbed my arm and another wave came and away went his sunglasses, I survied but my hair was a mess, so now we will go to the adult pool area, lovely,

then to the beach bar for some lunch and a few drinks(yummy drinks)

we spent the rest of the afternoon beside the pool,

then of to shower and rest before dinner,

good food,

Day 3 about the same but no waves stayed at the pool,

Day 4 a little cloudy so we went to the outlet stores nothing much there so back to relax and beach walk, the to the club house(golf resort part) very nice dinner but $$$$$$,

now Sunday is here and we are off to go to San Juan and onto the ship, got to the waiting area around 11:45 nad waited for our Friends to start showing up, that was such a great renunion as some we have not seen since 2008, then onto The Victory, got on and first stop was the first bar we seen and we had to have a DOD,

then we had some time to go and have some lunch on Lido deck and then to our Cabin around 1:30, Cabin 8433 aft wrap,

will do some more later,

sailorwife(Joan)

our Cabin, nice size, the balcony is huge, the chairs had paint and paint chips all over them as well as stains, the deck floor was stained and dirty and coming out to the balcony as soon as you stepped out the door you stepped into 1/4 - 1/2 inch of water due to the washing of the window above at the adult pool, the noise from chair was terriable at 1:15 or 2:20 AM DON"T SCRAP THE DA_ _ CHAIRS people are sleeping, it was very annoying to say the least, our room stewart was great to see our cabin was perfect but we mentioned the balcony several times to several people on the ship, one evening around 6 PM we were on the deck chatting to the couple below us when a can came from Lido deck and just missed the side of my face,

so I will not stay in an aft wrap again.

Dining Room: well I have no idea what our waiters name was ? we had to ask for water, I was served cold corn chowder, chicken so terriable I could hardly cut it, now my duck and my fish dishes were perfect, the choclate melting cake I did not have but others did at the table and it was just like choclate pudding,the most the waiter said was when we informed him we would not be to Dinner on Friday night as we were having a pizza party on our deck and his concern was the info card you fill out,

The Victory is a lovely ship but it seemed over half was in training, I know they have to learn but not all on one ship,

we did private excursions on St Kitts, St Lucia and Barbados, they were all great, I did not make it on the St Lucia one as I was not feeling well but the other two was Good especially Rose&Jim's in St Kitts,

the other Islands we just walked around , in St Thomas we went to the Butterfly farm just over from the ship , very nice, and then went to Havensight shopping, lunch and then back on the ship to the adult pool, Dominica, very poor Island , nice people we did a little shopping just off the pier, St Maarten took the water taxi and walked around then back on the ship,

we stayed two more days in San Juan at The Intercontinental very nice place, meet our cruising Friends at The Parrot club for Dinner Sunday Night, had a wonderful time food was Great service great,

Home On March 2nd,

we did enjoy our cruise and meet up with old Friends and made some Great new ones, so we are looking forward to our next cruise in 2012,

for those of you going on The Victory, she is a Lovely ship,take lots of Pictures and the ports by the time Saturday comes you are very tired,

Enjoy and Happy cruising

Joan:)

Archived