Booking Excursions on Shore

Pughaven2003

Do people have good luck at booking your excursions on shore once you get into port and off the ship? This will be our 1st cruise and I have searched and researched for monthes on the internet about our ports of call and the excursions in each. We still just cannot decide what we would like to do. We thought we would just wait till we got in each port and look around and then decide. We may just decide to find a pretty beach to hang out all day,,,who knows? Anyway, do others have pretty good luck at booking tours after arrival in ports? Are there usually a pretty good variety? Are lines long to do this? We set sail on Feb 5th so we have less than 2 weeks left!!!! HELP!!!

Pughaven2003:confused:

Realistically, waiting to book on shore in Belize is a something for risk takers. It is a confusing mass of people, communication is not easy, and you need to be certain of who you are dealing with. You may not end up on a boat or bus you feel is safe or reliable to get you back on time.

There are a few providers with good references - you can find them all in here. Yet, my experience was still not satisfying as I emailed two of the

ones with a lot of rave reviews and neither returned my emails.

We ended up booking with the ship for Goff's Caye, and it turns out the

ship price was LOWER than the web site price of either Reggie's or Belize

Rays. The tour was done by Sea-Land Belize (I think or a name close

to that) and it was terrific.

I agree with the previous poster, especailly in Belize.

I've done it both ways and have founbd I get a much better tour with someone who gets great review here. I also like to have an idea and a plan. This would be my plan B.

We have now been to Belize twice, both times we tried to book once we got there. Both times we did not get what we wanted. I would strongly suggest going throught the ship, or at least having something set up ahead of time. There are several ports where it is easy to just get something once you get on shore, but I would not suggest it in Belize.

Hi everyone,

We were in Belize last Friday. We went cave tubing with XStream Cave tubing. Below is the link. It was fabulous! I highly recommend it. We were taken to an area not frequented by the ships. There were only ten of us in the party. The owner, Richard, was our guide. He was outstanding. XStream is in the business of showing Belize to their guests, not just get you to the caves and through. The walk through the jungle was very informative as Richard frequently stopped to tell us about the various plants and their uses. The views are magnificient and the caves we went through were unbelievable. Richard grew up going through the caves as a child so he knows them inside out. There was even a great lunch afterward for $5.

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

Archived