Food at Los Veranos

Gaijin_Mom

We're on the 10:45 departure from the office. I imagine we'll be pretty hungry by the time we're done. How's the food they have for sale there? Good? Reasonable/expensive? Or should we plan to head back to town for eating? Thanks for the advice!

Lynnette

We're on the 10:45 departure from the office. I imagine we'll be pretty hungry by the time we're done. How's the food they have for sale there? Good? Reasonable/expensive? Or should we plan to head back to town for eating? Thanks for the advice!

Lynnette

First of all, let me congratulate you on booking Los Veranos :). We did the ziplining last year and had a blast!!

We did not eat there, but it looked nice with outdoor seating next to the little creek (river?). I think it was reasonably priced. We did the same time tour, so I would definitely suggest that you bring some snacks with you at least.

We left the office at 10:45am & rode the bus to Los Veranos. It is approx. a 50-60 min. ride. Be sure to use the restrooms before you leave the office! There is also a little shop across the street at the gas station. We walked over there to buy some juice before we left and brought a few granola bars & nuts with us....so glad we did that! As ziplining gives you an appetite.

We arrived at Los Veranos, quickly sprayed on some bug spray, used the restrooms again and put our stuff in a locker then set off on our adventure at 12 noon. We finished at about 1:45pm....You will definitely be hungry by then. ;) Water is provided at several locations during the ziplining. Afterwards, you can stay to visit the monkeys, etc or grab the next bus back. We chose to jump on the first bus available and were dropped off back near the ship just before 3pm...so it was a looooong day. (Approx. 5.5 hrs roundtrip.) We went back to the Mariner to eat lunch and freshen up before venturing back to PV.

Another option would be to get off the bus at the Canopy office and then it is just a 10 min. walk down to the beach area from there. I'm sure there is lots of restaurants available near the pier! You would be back to the office at 2:30pm at the earliest. So if you don't think you can hold out until then, I would suggest eating at Los Veranos.:)

Hope this info helps! Have a great time!

Karen

p.s. Don't forget to bring some cash, to tip the tour guides! They do a fantastic job and keep everyone safe and happy.

can't help think'n of our experiece. We headed up there on our own; had to wait to zip; so we then toured the small zoo, then zipped, then... we were outa there, no desire to stay and snack, as the no-see-um biting flys had given us a clue; as to life sit'n about in the jungle (bring and use bug spray).

Hasta... we moved on... pronto

Los Veranos base camp area

IMG_5285.jpg

The zip start off experience

IMG_5304.jpg

Craving a Cruise, thanks for the details on your Los Veranos trip. I am booked with them this July and am really excited about it! Can you tell me how many guides there are to tip? Did you tip them all separately, or just give it to a "main guy?" Also, do people usually tip in US dollars or pesos? (Sorry to hijack the thread! I posted a separate thread yesterday but no one has replied.)

We were on the same sailing and zipped with Cravin and her family. He did stay after the zipping was done, visited the monkeys, and had some lunch and a cocktail before heading back. It was good food, not fantastic, but reasonably priced for what we got. Don't remember the exact cost which means it wasn't that much! We made the next bus after cravin but went downtown for a while before heading back to the ship.

At the end of the zip they had a bucket to put tips for all the guides to share. We did purchase the pics but wish we had done the DVD instead if anything at all.

We had a wonderful day (DH, myself, DD 19 and DS 14) and would highly recommend Los Veranos to anyone consider it.

Do you remember how much the DVD was? And is it pictures of everyone in your group? (In other words, there are 6 of us going...if we split the cost of one DVD would that work?) Thanks for all the tips here! Oh yeah...how much did you tip the guides? Thanks again! Starting to get excited!!!

Archived