Who's done a Transatlantic?

zebra

What can you tell me about a Transatlantic cruise? Does anyone have a review for me? We are really looking forward to the relaxation but also the sea days where one can do alot of the ships' activities. We're hoping it won't be too rough - although we don't mind the movement of the ship. This is also our first time Aft so if you have any tips and experiences to share - please do!!!!

My fiance and I did our first TA last April/May and are booked for the May 1st crossing on the Jewel. We LOOOOVVVEEED the Transatlantic itinerary. Neither of us have ever been so relaxed. There is so much to do if you choose, or you can choose to do nothing at all. It's great. The weather/seas/etc. are always so unpredictable... we had some super smooth days and a couple of cold, rainy, rocky days, but nothing unbearable. We loved the typical transatlantic cruiser, too -- everyone was so friendly and well-travelled... everyone seemed so relaxed! We're completely hooked and plan to do a TA every year from now on!

Thanks for your reply... that's pretty much what we figured - lots of R & R!!! This is going to be a real relaxing vacation and we need it!! I'm just a little preturbed about the negative reviews on the food on RCCL - is it that bad?

I have never thought the food was bad... I can pretty much appreciate anything -- so I may not be the best person to ask. Honestly, I like the food... is it 5* gourmet? NO, but is it good? Yes. On our last cruise aboard the Serenade, I thought the breakfast and lunch selections in the Windjammer were excellent. Dinner was always good -- some nights better than others, but all in all we were pleased. Personally, I think some people have really high expectations about the food, but again, this is coming from someone who just had a lean cuisine for lunch and thought it was delicious! Both my fiance and I can certainly appreciate fine cuisine and have dined at some of the finest restaurants, but also have no qualms about eating at the Outback Steakhouse, Taco Bell or Wendy's!

Thanks for your honest opinion - I know negative press always seems to get the most attention and is a little unnerving. Oh well... we've wanted to do RCCL for a while (we've done all the other main line cruiselines) and we've also wanted to do a Transatlantic - so what better way than to marry the two "wanted to do's" and book on the Legend of the Seas. We've never had a bad cruise yet!!!

Archived