Access America broken tooth????

I broke it on the trip and was not in pain and had so much going on in Washington Dc. subways MIL receiving a Congressional gold medal etc. Called them to tell them. They act like it is not covered? Since I did not have the work completed while on the trip. First of all, how can you see a denist that fast etc?? Please let me know what you think""

Thanks for any info!

Did you have any treatment at all while on the ship? If so, you would have probably had to pay, but would have been given a receipt for treatment and payment. Even if you could not have been treated onboard, you would still have a written record for your visit. Did you notify Purser's Desk or any ship staff of this incident? If you have no written record of your broken tooth incident while on your cruise, chances are pretty good that Access America isn't going to reimburse you for anything. Access America won't care about your post-cruise adventures. It's all about verified documentation. Sorry!

I broke it on the trip and was not in pain and had so much going on in Washington Dc. subways MIL receiving a Congressional gold medal etc. Called them to tell them. They act like it is not covered? Since I did not have the work completed while on the trip. First of all, how can you see a denist that fast etc?? Please let me know what you think""

Thanks for any info!

My jaw dropped open when I read your post. I had exactly the same problem with Access America. They insert a "weasel" provision into their policies.

My situation was a netbook computer that was damaged by TSA on an international trip. I know the computer was working that morning. Though it was in a proper TSA approved case, the inspectors made me take it out and put it into a plastic bin. I was traveling with my disabled spouse who has to get patted down because of an electronic implant. I had to keep track of about 9 bins with shoes, jackets, carry on bags and then was called to a pedestal to watch them search my DH's Bi-pap machine. I could not see what they were doing with any of our stuff.

When I got to Barcelona, Spain, I found that the computer was not working. I called Access America immediately and they referred me to the airline. I called the airline and they gave me a web site for TSA. Paying to use the hotel's computer, I got on the website and sent an email to TSA via there web site so I had no record of it. It was Thanksgiving Day in the US so I couldn't even call TSA. We left on a 14 day Transatlantic on Sunday.

I brought the computer to a repair shop, at a cost of $35, and was told that it was not repairable.

Access America kept telling me that I had 90 days to file the claim and that they were "secondary" and would only pay after TSA's determination. I filed the complaint with TSA (which is still being investigated) and when I got a letter back from them saying it could take months, I called Access America and they said I could file my claim. I had returned home on a Sunday and had my claim in the mail to TSA, with all the documentation including the letter from the repair shop on Thursday.

Evidently when Access America saw that I had a legitimate claim, they invoked their "weasel clause" and sent me a letter telling me that I was not covered because I did not report it to TSA within 24 hours. I called and was told that unless I could get a copy of my email to TSA, my claim was no good. Mind you, TSA has not even finished their investigation and has not made a determination. For all Access America knows, TSA might be paying me for the damaged article.

Access America bailed out much too quickly. In my opinion, they had no intention of honoring their contract with me and that's why there is that 24 hour "weasel clause" in the policy. There was no need for them to even look at the claim, just to log in the date so I would not be out of time when TSA made their determination.

I have filed a report with the state of Texas Insurance Commission against Access America's irrational policy. I suggest that the OP file one with their own state.

BTW, I just got travel insurance for another trip and I asked that company what their policy was and they told me it was to file the claim in "a reasonable amount of time" I'll never deal with Access America again. You are the second person to fall victim to their unreasonable time constraints.

Did you have any treatment at all while on the ship? If so, you would have probably had to pay, but would have been given a receipt for treatment and payment. Even if you could not have been treated onboard, you would still have a written record for your visit. Did you notify Purser's Desk or any ship staff of this incident? If you have no written record of your broken tooth incident while on your cruise, chances are pretty good that Access America isn't going to reimburse you for anything. Access America won't care about your post-cruise adventures. It's all about verified documentation. Sorry!

It appears that verified documentation is meaningless to Access America. They have a 24 hour window and that's it. Either fit into that window or you are SOL. That's what I comprehend from the OP and my own experience.

Thanks for any info!

So,you received no treatment while on the cruise? If not,then what exactly do you expect trip insurance to cover? What do you mean by "subways MIL"? Subways? What exactly does that refer to? Geez. Confused? Yes.

Do you have dental insurance? Travel insurance is to be used ON THE TRIP.

Congressional medal? What exactly does that have to do with anything?

Thanks for any info!

Dixie, you have no documentation that this actually happened during your cruise, I really don't see them paying your expenses.

###

Archived