Pharaohs & Promised Land or Red Sea Magic?

Hello

Has anyone got any reasons why I would choose either one of these tours? My husband and I are really just going for the ride and not the destinations, so which would have the best sea scapes, and best ports for a little stroll around (not great industrial harbours!) for a spot of people watching with a coffeee and a cake?

I am tempted towards Red sea magic, only because people have said the ship itself may be a bit better, but I personally have had many bad experiences of sharm airport, and not too keen to repeat them!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ann.

Hi there

I have booked for Pharoahs one and one thing I can say, which may or may not be relative to your needs, is that when I was pricing up the two cruises the Pharoahs one was a lot cheaper than the Red Sea one. I imagine the weather would be better on the red sea one too?

I am sure someone else will give you more complete info as I know some posters on here have done both cruises. :)

Hello

Has anyone got any reasons why I would choose either one of these tours? My husband and I are really just going for the ride and not the destinations, so which would have the best sea scapes, and best ports for a little stroll around (not great industrial harbours!) for a spot of people watching with a coffeee and a cake?

I am tempted towards Red sea magic, only because people have said the ship itself may be a bit better, but I personally have had many bad experiences of sharm airport, and not too keen to repeat them!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ann.

Hi Ann,

I haven't done Pharaohs and the Promised Land but early reports from returning travellers are saying Haifa and Alanya are nice ports and I think there's more opportunity to do your own thing.

If you don't want to get off the ship, or just want a stroll I would say the Red Sea itinerary is not a good choice - industrial ports, nothing in the vicinity of some, no nice views, practically unable to leave the port in some cases. I don't know if others would agree with me - but based on your requirements of ports then Red Sea Magic doesn't fit the bill.

As for the difference in the two ships - we've travelled on both - love both and are going very happily on Spirit this summer. I admit to having originally had a slight preference for Celebration but after a wonderful experience on Spirit last year decided there was nothing to choose between them.

I definitely wouldn't let the choice between the ships influence you - we've travelled on both quite a few times and it's hard to pin-point what the differences are. The main thing is that the entertainment, service, atmosphere on both will be superb and the ships are pretty well the same in terms of lay-out, cabins, facilites etc.. And then there's Sharm airport!

Anyway hope you have a great time. Let us know what you think when you get back - whatever you choose. :)

We returned from this cruise a few days ago and thought it was great. As we like to do our own thing we got off at Alanya and walked around for a few hours which was fine. Alexandria was a bit different. The terminal building was very impressive with gardens and fountains and a few stalls, but one through the port gates it was quite a shock. It was a horrible place, but on saying that I am glad we saw a little bit of it. Ashdod we did not bother as we were a long way from the port gates. Port Said not to bad we did have a little wander. The last port was Haifa which was really lovely. If you do decide to go spend as much time there as you can as there is so much to see. Hope this helps.

Archived