First time to Bahamas

mh1973

We were just in Freeport and Nassau this past week. In Freeport we did snorkelling and had a lot of fun. We did it through the ship but it was through Pat and Diane's Snorkelling (google it). I know there were 2 times through the ship we could book, we did the earlier one at 10:30am. I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to water temp and it was a bit cold at first but I didn't even notice once I started looking at all the fish. They take you out for about 3 hours. You're in the water for about an hour and there's lots to see. I'd never been snorkelling before but had a great time and my boyfriend loved it too! Look at their website and the boat's pretty cool it had a waterslide and a rockclimbing wall. There's also a few different times the bus goes back when you book through the ship so you can stick around and enjoy Our Lucaya's bars and shops if you like!

In Nassau we did the Blue Lagoon Beach Day independently because the ship was sold out and absolutely loved it! It's such a beautiful island and without doing the dolphin or sealion encounters you can still see them. The dolphins were really playful and throwing a football to people on the dock. I'd definately recommend it.

Hope that helps, this was our first cruise so I can't compare those 2 excursions with any others but we really liked them both.

We will be in Freeport from 12-7 and Nassau from 8am-10pm. I am thinking we would like to do Blue Lagoon in Nassau, don't know what to do in Freeport. What beaches are there or snorkeling?

Archived