POM Anybody Book Towncar Sightseeing/FLL

keishashadow

We have a lot of time to kill before our late afternoon flight out of FLL after our cruise.

We had considered the CCL excursion to SoBe, it still leaves us with too much time pre-flight @ FLL for my liking.

We currently have a Hertz rental booked & were going to take scenic drive up A-1A to hollywood boardwalk area. The lack of onsite rental cars @ POM seems to be such a hassle i just don't want to mess with, im told it's quite a zoo trying to pick up vehicle.

Noticed several threads here that reference towncar/limo service (holland, larryslimo). Via some digging it appears as though it's possible to hire a towncar from POM for an hourly rate. Im finding anywhere from $40 to $50 an hour; with 2 or 3 hr minimum.

Surprised, it only seems to be only a $100-$150 more (including the gratuity & any attraction admissions, etc.) than just a taxi from POM to FLL factoring in 4 to 5 hours rental:confused:

Has anybody done this before & if so, any specific recommendations as to company & things to do? We will have already been in SoBe area for 2 days, so i'd like to see other parts of area. Im thinking the everglades/airboats would be just too darn hot/buggy early July.

Archived