scubagirl...need opinion please

cruzobsessed

will be in nassua this july. we're traveling with people from argentina who have never cruised nor seen the caribbean. they will be impressed WITH EVERYTHING as they live in buenos aires and are total "city folk".

i was going to get a day pass at either the sheraton or whyndham until i read the review of someone on the OASIS and saw his pictures FROM THE BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON. this place looks beautiful and he had taken a picture of 5 ships in port that was amazing.

the property and beach looked nice.....what can you advise me? thanks

will be in nassua this july. we're traveling with people from argentina who have never cruised nor seen the caribbean. they will be impressed WITH EVERYTHING as they live in buenos aires and are total "city folk".

i was going to get a day pass at either the sheraton or whyndham until i read the review of someone on the OASIS and saw his pictures FROM THE BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON. this place looks beautiful and he had taken a picture of 5 ships in port that was amazing.

the property and beach looked nice.....what can you advise me? thanks

British Colonial Hilton is a small traditional business hotel located on the harbour. It's a great place to just relax and chill out.. with a great view of the ships and paradise Island (as well as the beautiful lighthouse). Small private beach , gardens with hammocks. Beach and pool service. Day passes are $40 pp and include a $40 voucher. No noisy jetskis allowed.

Sheraton is a great stretch of beach, several pools and has more of a resort feel. They also have snorkeling, jet ski rentals and parasailing

if you are looking for a wide beach with great vistas.. this is the place.

$25 pp for use of the property.

Just so I have this right...it cost $40 for a day pass but you get a $30 voucher for food? Does that voucher include drinks? Are there towels included? Sounds pretty reasonable. Should I book day passes ahead of time or is it to be booked on the day you are there?

Thanks for your help!!

Just so I have this right...it cost $40 for a day pass but you get a $30 voucher for food? Does that voucher include drinks? Are there towels included? Sounds pretty reasonable. Should I book day passes ahead of time or is it to be booked on the day you are there?

Thanks for your help!!

Yes, the voucher includes drinks. Towels are included.

If you are traveling during high season (spring Break/ Easter/ Holidays), I suggest you book ahead of time (Island marketing is a good deal).

During high season, they restrict passes due to capacity.

We just came back from Nassau yesterday. Thanks to this forum and those pictures you mentioned, we purchased a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. We were so glad we did it. We loved it. It was a small resort, so we were able to easily scoot back and forth between the bar, beach, and pool. We had many drinks and split two entrees over the course of the day and STILL left with $8 in credit on our tab.

We asked at least four groups of people on the ship about their day in Nassau, and we were the only people satisfied with the day.

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It took us about 10 minutes to walk to the hotel, and that's only because we stopped to take pictures along the way.

What time of day can the day pass be used at the BHC? We will be in Nassau 8-6, but we do want to do some shopping at the straw market. And when you say beverages, you do mean alcoholic beverages right? And if so, do you know much a Bud Light is (or Kalik:)) Thanks!

scubagirl.........july 11th........:eek::o what do you think?

I'd book in advance. This is the bahamian independence holiday weekend and the hotel will be full. The beach may not be.. but the passes are based on the hotel capacity.

If you don't want to be disappointed.. I'd book with island marketing.

How do you get a palapa and chairs on the beach? Is it first come, first served? Included in the $40 fee or additional? Those pics are great! Thanks for posting!

First Come First served. There are about 15 palapas on the beach. Many more chairs. No additional fee.

It's a nice laid back beach and property. Bring a good book.

What time of day can the day pass be used at the BHC? We will be in Nassau 8-6, but we do want to do some shopping at the straw market. And when you say beverages, you do mean alcoholic beverages right? And if so, do you know much a Bud Light is (or Kalik:)) Thanks!

Pool and beach open from 9-5pm.. the straw market is close by, you can go to the beach and relax, then shop and come back.. it's a short walk and if the side gate is open, even shorter.

As for beer prices, I think they are $4.50 or so.. Plus 15% tip, of course.

Tip is automatically included in the bill..

Oops This should have said. $30 food voucher.

Scubagirl,

So they charge you $40 to go the beach and then give you a voucher worth $30!!!! How do they make any money?? Just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. Sounds like a good deal. We would be there July 7th which would be during the holiday week. Do you think it would be too crowded? I know that we would probably book ahead like you suggested. Thanks.

Scubagirl,

So they charge you $40 to go the beach and then give you a voucher worth $30!!!! How do they make any money?? Just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. Sounds like a good deal. We would be there July 7th which would be during the holiday week. Do you think it would be too crowded? I know that we would probably book ahead like you suggested. Thanks.

They used to charge $10 and hope people bought lunch and a drink. They didn't. So now they charge $40 and $30 goes for food and drink.. forcing the day tripper to spend a few bucks while there.

If you are in town for a holiday week.. i would book in advance. Island marketing sells day passes.

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm

They used to charge $10 and hope people bought lunch and a drink. They didn't. So now they charge $40 and $30 goes for food and drink.. forcing the day tripper to spend a few bucks while there.

If you are in town for a holiday week.. i would book in advance. Island marketing sells day passes.

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply.

Also,

can you tell me what kind of food they have. I have food allergies so just wondering if you know what they offer. Thanks so much, scubagirl.

• 4 weeks later...

I think she got burned out by too many questions. She has a life you know. :D I googled the shopping in Nassau and it looks like a lot of places are closed on Sundays, but not all.

Here are some links to a few sites I looked at:

http://www.destination360.com/caribbean/bahamas/bay-street

www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147416-Activities-c26-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

www.10best.com/Nassau,Bahamas/Shopping

Archived