Cruise Ship Diaries on Foxtel

cazz0069

For those of you that have Foxtel there is an interesting show about the behind the scenes goings on, on the cruise ship Costa Serena. Its an actual series and not just one episode. Its on National Geographic Adventure Channel...Monday nights at 9.30pm...:)

For those of you that have Foxtel there is an interesting show about the behind the scenes goings on, on the cruise ship Costa Serena. Its an actual series and not just one episode. Its on National Geographic Adventure Channel...Monday nights at 9.30pm...:)

We IQ'd the first episode while we were away on Pacific Jewel and caught up with it last night. I think it's going to be a good series - nice to see what goes on behind the scenes.

We IQ'd the first episode while we were away on Pacific Jewel and caught up with it last night. I think it's going to be a good series - nice to see what goes on behind the scenes.

We just watched it on demand and will now look forward to the series....i tell you what, thank god i`m not a dancer.. i would have flattened that choreographer :cool:

We just watched it on demand and will now look forward to the series....i tell you what, thank god i`m not a dancer.. i would have flattened that choreographer :cool:

He was a bit precious wasn't he? I'm sure they were glad to see the back of him when he got off in Venice. I doubt that any of the passengers noticed the timing issues that he carried on so much about.

He was a bit precious wasn't he? I'm sure they were glad to see the back of him when he got off in Venice. I doubt that any of the passengers noticed the timing issues that he carried on so much about.

Exactly...unless they actually fall over each other i dont think anyone would notice....out of curiosity i logged onto Costa`s website and that same 7 night cruise was around $1200 for a balcony cabin. They had a 5 night greek one that had balcony cabins at $909..this was Australian dollar too :cool::cool: Certainly got me thinking :p

I bet they were counting down the 7 days until he left! I also couldn't believe his comments about their weight and the instructions he left about what food they could be served!

I'm going to check out the Costa site now! I wonder what sort of prices the 4 berths are! :rolleyes:

I found it by accident last week. I thoroughly enjoyed it.:)

Where were these auditors from? Were they internal or external auditor's?

I like how Costa sponsored the show. As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity ie Tiger with Airways. It only promotes their product, warts and all.

I enjoyed the shows too. It was on last week and tonight was a different episode. I wonder if P&O Australia are also subject to independent auditors as in the show tonight????

Thats interesting, what time was it on? I am certain we have linked the series for Monday nights at 9.30..i better check that:cool:

Thats interesting, what time was it on? I am certain we have linked the series for Monday nights at 9.30..i better check that:cool:

not sure, but it was on at about 8.30pm tonight - ch628-NGAdventure,

I stumbled upon it tonight, but am sure it was on during the day last Monday.

not sure, but it was on at about 8.30pm tonight - ch628-NGAdventure,

I stumbled upon it tonight, but am sure it was on during the day last Monday.

Figured it out. Mondays at 9.30 are new eps, and then that ep is repeated the following Sunday...its Ep 3 tomorrow night. If you have Foxtel IQ, episode 1 is playing `on demand` :)

The Monday night show is also replayed on Tuesday morning around 9:30 Melbourne time.

I visited the Nat Geo channel to check on the schedule but it only lists the Monday night slot so it a bit of blind luck as to when the show is on.

cheers

Stu

Just noticed that episode 1 is still available in the "On Demand" tab for those of you with IQ, but for the next hour only - so you'll have to be quick!

Episode 2 is being repeated at 2.30 this afternoon, then the new episode 3 is on at 9.30 tonight. They are all Melbourne times.

Im absolutley loving Cruise Ship Diaries, I worked on Costa for 8 years, and the show is fantastic, its bringing back so many wonderful memories, I know so many of the people in it, my favourite being the fabulous Hotel Manager Atilio, he and I worked very closley together on a daily basis with our respective positions. Costa is a wonderful line to cruise so very different to anything you will experience out here, if any of you get the chance to cruise Italian Style......go for it!!!!

Tonights episode was okay. The ship is growing on me more and more.

The roof situation was funny. How can you be hot and cold at the same time? And you can never please everybody.:rolleyes:

Next weeks episode looks very interesting. Haven't got IQ, but will auto tune it for next week, if we can this far out.:)

Tonights episode was okay. The ship is growing on me more and more.

The roof situation was funny. How can you be hot and cold at the same time? And you can never please everybody.:rolleyes:

Next weeks episode looks very interesting. Haven't got IQ, but will auto tune it for next week, if we can this far out.:)

I laughed at that too. You just cant please some people...

It made me wonder though, what happens in the situations where luggage goes missing...do you think the cruise line would have spare clothes or just end up giving them clothes from boutiques and things:cool:

The other interesting thing too is the missing medication...just goes to show you should always carry them in your hand luggage:)

This was the first time we have seen this show and I must say we really enjoyed it. Thanks guys for the tip.

I was always very apprehensive about cruising with Costa but I think I could be swayed. It looked like a good fun ship and I just loved the size of the Showroom. They could teach a few other cruise-lines how to do it.

It was fun to see behind the scenes and you had to be a cruiser to really appreciate the episode. We are looking forward to next weeks episode.

Archived