Whats best in St Martin

nikinakinoo

Hi all

I have been to St Martin before and did the ATV tour...which was brill. We briefly stopped at Orient Beach and I thought it was the most beautiful beach iv seen. Im going to be stopping here again in october but will have my DD (8) with me this time. Im not too sure what to do, shopping has been decided as a no no and would love to just have a beach day but DD wants to go to Maho to watch the planes come in and I would also like to go back to orient.

So my questions for anybody that would like to give me their advice...

1, Is it possible to do both beaches in one day, we are docked 8-5 and its showing at the moment that we are the only ship in port that day.

2, Would it be easier to get taxis or to hire a car

3, Or is there another nice beach we could go to in the morning closer to Maho

Thank-you in advance

i've done this a few times. spend 1/2 the day at DIVI LITTLE BAY and then head at noon over to MAHO. this is my formula for a winning combination.

get off the ship at 9. you are doing this to get to divi before any ship excursion. take a cab at the port and tell the driver upfront that you want him to take you to divi then come back at noon for a trip to maho then you want him to retuen to maho at 3 for a return to the port. find out what he'll charge for this. a few years ago we paid $30.00 pp for this.

take his business card and do not pay until you've returned to the ship. the cab drivers are very accustomed to doing business this way and it guarentees he'll be back:)

when you get to divi....you can Rent chairs, umbrellas, jet skiis and snorkel equipment. this beach is part of a resort so there are facilities (bathrooms). for me the best part......you can see all the ships in port:D

when you get to maho......there is a place right there to sit, eat lunch and watch the planes. it's called the SUNSET BEACH GRILL. food is fine and reasonably priced. in my opinion...you must be on your way back no later then 3. the traffic in downtown st. martin is crazy and you don't want to miss your ship:eek: you will get a chance to see many small planes and maybe a few jets the big jets come in later in the day.

maho is a must experience. hope you enjoy

<snip>

3, Or is there another nice beach we could go to in the morning closer to Maho

Thank-you in advance

Consider grabbing a taxi to Mullet Bay Beach in the morning. $18 total for 2.

th_DSCN3855.jpg

Spending the morning on the beach.

Then walking over to Maho to see the planes.

And then another $18 for two to get back to the cruise facility.

gary

Archived