RC Sponsored-Snorkeling Co.'s Western Caribbean

Sailing on FoS Western Caribbean...Labadee,Ocho Rios,Caymans,Cozumel.

Want to snorkel for the first time.Will book a RC excursion. Which island destination offers the best snorkeling? Do the excursion companies RC deals w/ provide customers "new" (un-used) snorkeling mouthpieces &/or masks? Or should we purchase & bring from home? Thanks!

Bring your equipment from home. Most of the equipment will be cheap crap that hardly work for what you need (masks will fill up with water etc). We always bring our own equipment.

As far as i know they won't give you new equipment, given the cost of it. They say the sanitize it, but the buckets of sanitizer i've seen....i would take my chances without using it! :eek:

Sailing on FoS Western Caribbean...Labadee,Ocho Rios,Caymans,Cozumel.

Want to snorkel for the first time.Will book a RC excursion. Which island destination offers the best snorkeling? Do the excursion companies RC deals w/ provide customers "new" (un-used) snorkeling mouthpieces &/or masks? Or should we purchase & bring from home? Thanks!

Before you book RC take a look at the Ports of Call boards (read through the first several pages!) for lots of advice on private and RC excursions. Sometimes it is better to go private.

No one provides new equipment: it is always dropped in a bucket of 'sanitizer' and reused. Bring your own. Btw there is also a scuba and snorkeling forum here that has good advice. Read through the first several pages.

I have always found decent snorkels and masks at places like Sports Authority and similar sporting goods stores.

You are paying a premium for booking through any cruise line for any tour, including snorkeling.

i would urge you to look to Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman and Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel.

Why?

Lower cost

NO crowds...you would be amazed at the thundering herd mentality on a cruise line's snorkel tour...Yup, the fish tend to go away...would you hang around?

More more attention to the individual, especially the NEWBIE!

One note. PLEASE, no matter what you choose to do DO NOT TOUCH or STAND on the coral: IT INSTANTLY KILLS IT!!!!

Float, swim away, but do not destroy the coral!!!!

Archived