Travel Agency?

olefin32

If price alone is the main consideration (versus service) many online agencies use Revelex software, where you can check for "bottom line" pricing and compare the $ differences.

Thanks Patricia.

If our new TA provides as good service as HAL, I'll never have a complaint. The Revelex software sounds interesting.

:)

This is from a sticker on the front of brochures

Don't just book, Book onboard

Receive a best fare guarantee. We honor the best pricing your Travel Agent can provide.

Deposit only $100 per person!

Receive up to $200 shipboard credit (free money)

Secure your preferred stateroom.

Your travel agent receives FULL credit for the booking, and will finalize your details when you return home!

Visit the future cruise consultant on deck 1, Atrium

Knitlady, I agree with Camp & honestly believe you are completely mis-interpreting this...

First of all you are only speaking to an on-board FCC..That paragraph: "Receive a best fare guarantee. We honor the best pricing your Travel Agent can provide"...This paragraph has been on every brochure about on-board deposits for years..It does not say If you find a fare which is less than the quoted HAL fare, that HAL will match the lower fare..

Also don't think the on-board Cruise Consultant meant to say that HAL will reduce their price if you find a better price quoted by a TA..Also an FCC is not the same as a PCC or HAL's General Reservations department..

I believe it means that if I book a specific cruise on board at HAL's price of, for example $2,000 per person & then transfer my booking to a travel agent who is quoting us a price of $1500 per person, then HAL will honor the booking being released to the TA for the the lower fare....But if HAL keeps your booking then the originally quoted $2,000 fare is what you will pay..

We make $100 future cruise deposits thru the on=board FCC, all the time We have HAL hold the deposit until we decide which TA to use..We specifically tell HAL, we do not want it given to any particular Travel Agent..When we get home we check fares & decide which cruise & TA we will use..Then, in order to get the lower price we'll have our booking realeased to our TA..

We use two different TA's only because we use one when fly to a distant port & use their transfere's &/or have a land tour in conjunction with a cruise..When we travel only by ship, we'll use a different agent..Also when we make our $100 deposits, we do not specify what cruise it's for..

Cheers....:)Betty

Camp...Please forgive me...Never read your post following Knitlady's before I posted.. I went back & did a slight correction to my post by adding I agree with you..

The same thing happened to us when we called HAL & asked to speak to a Supervisor..HAL needs their TA's & I doubt that they would "cut off their noses" just to meet a TA price..

That would be foolish on their part..

Cheers....:)Betty

Yes, I agree that in FCC was giving out wrong info. When i read your explanation is makes more sense to me. I do just what you do. I book on board, sign the release that I want the booking kept with HAL and then transfer when I get the best price. Did that last 2 times and with the booking we just made.

Archived