Aquarium and St. George

ynks09

We are stopping by in late April and are trying to plan our day...

We are going to begin the day walking around Kings Wharf, but then will have the afternoon free. RCCI's aqaurium excusion seems to pricey. Can you get there by ferry or by bus? Also has anyone been?

If this doesn't work we may just take a ferry to St George or Hamilton...any tips on what to do when we get there??

THANKS!:D:)

The ships' excursions are always pricey.;)

You can get there on your own but it will take some time. I'm assuming you are at Dockyard.

You can take the ferry to Hamilton then get a #10 or 11 bus to the Aquarium. It's about a 10 minute walk to the bus terminal from the ferry.

You can also take a bus the whole way which will be longer. A #7 will take you toward Hamilton. Get off at the hospital, cross the street and get a #10 or 11 to the Aquarium.

Dh and I went to the zoo and aquarium on one of our visits to Bermuda. You get both things for one price. We really enjoyed it. It's very reasonably priced and we thoroughly enjoyed both. Plus whether you take the bus or ferry it's a beautiful island.....enjoy the ride. You can walk around the dockyard before you get back on board the ship. The ship docks right there. I would do the things outside of the dockyard first and do the dockyard last before boarding. Have a great time.:D

:)Yes, your granddaughter would love it there. For one price you can do both. There are great fish in the aquarium..it is so cool. The zoo you walk around and its not huge, but perfect size for a 3 year old and a nice way to spend 2 hours. She and you would love a ferry ride, too. The ferry to Hamilton and St. George's is such a beautiful, relaxing ride. I love riding the ferry. Of course I like riding it because it is usually taking me shopping.:DThe scenery and water are so beautiful. Snorkel Park is very close to where you dock.....it's a manmade beach but very shallow and child friendly. Even if you only have an hour or so you can swim there and have a nice time at the beach and the ship is right there. There is a little train thing that goes around the dockyard..your granddaughter would probably get a kick out of that, too. Have fun:)

:)Yes, your granddaughter would love it there. For one price you can do both. There are great fish in the aquarium..it is so cool. The zoo you walk around and its not huge, but perfect size for a 3 year old and a nice way to spend 2 hours. She and you would love a ferry ride, too. The ferry to Hamilton and St. George's is such a beautiful, relaxing ride. I love riding the ferry. Of course I like riding it because it is usually taking me shopping.:DThe scenery and water are so beautiful. Snorkel Park is very close to where you dock.....it's a manmade beach but very shallow and child friendly. Even if you only have an hour or so you can swim there and have a nice time at the beach and the ship is right there. There is a little train thing that goes around the dockyard..your granddaughter would probably get a kick out of that, too. Have fun:)

Thank you so much for the info. We were thinking about taking the ferry to St. George and then I think they say the 10 or 11 bus to the Zoo. Does that sound right? Is that a long ride on the bus? Do they have seat belts?

Archived