Is Pb As Beautiful As Passion Island?

gamomluvs2cruise

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here. I've read several times that Passion Island is basically the best out of the two. We are going to PB when we cruise because it sounds like a great option but I've heard people say that if you are looking for the clearest water and the prettiest beach, passion island can't be beat. If you look back, you might find those posts. I think the complaint was that PB can get a little rocky and windy sometimes and that stirs up sand and makes the water less clear. We can't wait to try the Pina Coladas and nachos at PB!

HTH!

I've been to both. Passion Island was a great trip. We went in February and as a native Floridian, I still found the water to be a little too cold to go in, so I concentrated on my sunning and drinking. The island itself was beautiful and the food was very good as well. It may of been during a time with a lot of wind, because the water was stirred up. The only real downside is that you are stuck on the island and can't leave if you wish and you take a bus ride to get to the boat lauch over to the island, which seemed about 20 minutes long. (they do have boats coming and going so I'm assuming if you needed to you could get off early).

We went to PB last year and had a blast as well. Took a cab from port and spent the day. We had a waiter that catered to our every need and we never had to look for him. We had lunch as well that was outstanding. The nachos and cerviche were awesome. Once again, we didn't go into the water, so I can't give you insight on the snorkleing.

Cost wise, it was probably even, we try not to sweat that stuff on vacation and we drank and ate like kings in both locations.

Definitely check to see how many ships are in at port on your visit, I think PI limits the tickets sold and PB is first come first serve so it may get crowded (as seen in other postings), so be prepared.

Have Fun!

Mike

Thanks so much for your help! I will check to see how many cruise ships that will be in port the day we are in Cozumel and then decide which to go to. I do like the options that are available at PB. Based on recommendations that I have read on PB, especially from caro and sally, we may have to go there. Thanks again!

Carol:)

Hi Caro! We will be in Cozumel on Empress of the Seas on May 11.(just hubby and me) Then in December, we will be back in Cozumel on the Disney Magic with our 4 children. At the time they will be 17, 15, 12, and 10. If we love PB in May, then we will go back in December! After that, we will probably have to cool-it with the big vacations because we will have one in college!

I look forward to seeing you in May!

Carol:)

Archived