All things Oosterdam.............

HALleluiah

Bella - The public areas were all very comfortable - I couldn't tell you what the temps were but I never needed any type of sweater or jacket while indoors (especially in the evenings). But I'm typically always warm - it's an age thing know what I mean?

Regarding you cabin temperature, you are able to control the temperature in your cabin. Although you might need to play with it a little to get the temperature right. I actually got cold the first night in our cabin and had to get up to turn the "heat" up. But after that it wasn't a problem.

• 1 month later...

We left her in Ft. Lauderdale on the 14th. She goes into dry dock in Europe so should be all pretty and new soon. We had a very enjoyable cruise. I needed an extra blanket at night, but DH was very comfortable. I took a wrap to the dining room some evenings, but never felt like I needed it. Wish I was still there sitting by the pool with a book and maybe a blue coco mojito!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She left dry dock this past week. Yesterday, she was docked in Barcelona for her April 25 Barcelona to Venice cruise. Don't have any details though. I am hoping we'll get reports after the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Ms O did not get a Tamarind restaurant, but she did get a Cantalino (sp?) restaurant. She has has a new screening room for movies. I guess the Library was moved as was the computer room. Anyone have more info? I'm sure when the cruisers who are now on the April 25 sailing return home, we will get all the details....I hope. I hope.

C

• 5 months later...
What a great idea to start a thread on a particular ship on the roll call board which makes it so much easier to find information about a particular ship especially when the search function might be down.

I have previously sailed HAl S and R class ships, in particular the Ryndam and the Zaandam. My April cruise on the Oosterdam will be my first time on a Vista class ship. If you or anyone else has any experiences on the other classes would you mind pointing out what some of the differences are, other than the obvious overall size and capacity?

Rochelle

Rochelle: What sailing are you booked on? I could not find you on a Roll Call. Gail:D

I see that there are two couples on the thread that are booked on the same cruise as us. We are Ron and Carol from Newport Coast, California and looking forward to the cruise. I will start a thread for our cruise under Roll Calls. Although we have never cruised on the O we did cruise in 2008 on the Noordam for 20 days and the trip was terrific. The Vista class ships are wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a map with table numbers for the upper level of the MDR? We want to have a list of two tops in mind when we board the ship so we know what to ask for. We may also try to e-mail the ship staff in advance if possible.

• 5 weeks later...

I am enjoying reading this thread. DH and I have sailed on the Westerdam previously. We have the May 30, 2010, Alaska cruise booked on the O.

I am looking forward to it and want to learn as much as I can about the ship before I go.

• 4 weeks later...

Basically we want to do at least one dinner in the Pinnacle and at least one lunch. This is our first time on HAL but we assume it is similar in that the formal nights usually have the better food. Does anyone have the 7 day menu for O? Are there any nights when the food in the MDR will be better than others?

I know its not Alaska time yet, but our itinerary looks like this:

June 13th Embark

14th - Day at Sea

15th - Cruising Glacier Bay

16th - Juneau 7am-8pm

17th -Sitka 8a-5pm

18th - Ketchikan 7p-1pm

19th - Victoria 6pm-12am

20th -Disembark in Seattle

Any input is appreciated! :) Jenny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Basically we want to do at least one dinner in the Pinnacle and at least one lunch. This is our first time on HAL but we assume it is similar in that the formal nights usually have the better food. Does anyone have the 7 day menu for O? Are there any nights when the food in the MDR will be better than others?

I know its not Alaska time yet, but our itinerary looks like this:

June 13th Embark

14th - Day at Sea

15th - Cruising Glacier Bay

16th - Juneau 7am-8pm

17th -Sitka 8a-5pm

18th - Ketchikan 7p-1pm

19th - Victoria 6pm-12am

20th -Disembark in Seattle

We have the same dilemma, not knowing when to book the pinnacle. This would help for us first time cruisers also. Our itinerary is the same expect we leave June 20th. Any replies would be great!

Thanks,

Fullhouse88811

Archived