A couple questions about the NCL Spirit

scottamemnon

I am going to be on the Spirit in 4 weeks and the wait is killing me... in the meantime I am hoping some of you Spirit veterans can answer a few questions.

Laundry:

I will be doing a 12 day repo cruise and would prefer to not pack for 14 days(12 + 2 in New Orleans)! Are they still having the laundry bag promotions now? If not what is the charge per item for laundry?

Kareoke:

I know the spirit has private kareoke rooms, does anyone know if there is a cost to using them? I am so looking forward to this feature so a small group can have fun without singing in front of 100+ in a bar!

Thanks for any help you can give!

.....this is off topic....i am going on as you guys will be going off...and if you could would you be interested in comming back and letting some of us know how the condition of the ship is....how is the food??...also who is the BIG SHOT officers on the ship....i am wicked excited as this is my 1st cruise and just a bit nervous about the food/the condition of the ship since it is over 10 years old :confused:....even if you cant or arent interested i hope you have a GREAT and SAFE trip......GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!

I am going to be on the Spirit in 4 weeks and the wait is killing me... in the meantime I am hoping some of you Spirit veterans can answer a few questions.

Laundry:

I will be doing a 12 day repo cruise and would prefer to not pack for 14 days(12 + 2 in New Orleans)! Are they still having the laundry bag promotions now? If not what is the charge per item for laundry?

Kareoke:

I know the spirit has private kareoke rooms, does anyone know if there is a cost to using them? I am so looking forward to this feature so a small group can have fun without singing in front of 100+ in a bar!

Laundry: yes there are still the bag promotions available... otherwise the prices are listed right on the forms that come with the bag for each item.

The private karaoke rooms are not used on the Spirit any longer as far as I know... last I had heard they were being used for storage.

On your cruise, since it is a repo, my experience has been on repo cruises that karaoke is not all that crowded... so it may seem like a private karaoke room anyway.

Enjoy your cruise... it's the last time the Spirit will be heading back to Boston for a season... We are taking her back to NOLA on the Repo in October... where she will stay year round :)

You know... I don't recall seeing Karaoke rooms anywhere on the Spirit in January. Looking at the NCL website, it lists 3 of them on deck 7 but does not have a picture of them. If you look at the deck 7 floor plan, there are none shown by name. Perhaps they are at the end in the Maharini's Lounge, but I don't recall seeing anything with doors in there. Maybe I just wasn't looking. They did have "family karaoke" outside by the Bier Garten Grill a few times. I'll be curious to see if anyone can confirm the existence of 3 rooms on deck 7.

You know... I don't recall seeing Karaoke rooms anywhere on the Spirit in January. Looking at the NCL website, it lists 3 of them on deck 7 but does not have a picture of them. If you look at the deck 7 floor plan, there are none shown by name. Perhaps they are at the end in the Maharini's Lounge, but I don't recall seeing anything with doors in there. Maybe I just wasn't looking. They did have "family karaoke" outside by the Bier Garten Grill a few times. I'll be curious to see if anyone can confirm the existence of 3 rooms on deck 7.

Those are used for storage I believe... they were located near the Shanghai bar at one time... but I don't think they are available any longer.

Laundry:

Kareoke:

don't know about the Kareoke, but on the Spirit they did have 2 laundry specials: 1-the the first night; 1/2 price pressing. We saved a lot and enjoyed the clothes coming back fresh and pressed much better than the would have been had we unpacked them after a few days of touring prior to the cruise and yes, 1/2 through the cruise they had the laundry bag special.

Nita

During her last drydock a year ago, the private Kareoke rooms were converted to the video arcade behind the Shanghai Bar. The former video arcade were converted into several additional cabins. While the private Kareoke rooms were popular in Asia, most Americans prefer doing Kareoke in public, i.e., in a lounge....

During her last drydock a year ago, the private Kareoke rooms were converted to the video arcade behind the Shanghai Bar. The former video arcade were converted into several additional cabins. While the private Kareoke rooms were popular in Asia, most Americans prefer doing Kareoke in public, i.e., in a lounge....

That is too bad... while an american myself, I always felt that the Japanese way of doing it just seemed like it could be a lot more fun since people who are too ashamed to sing in front of 100+ people are more prone to do it with friends! Guess i will just have to practice in my car more :p

When we were on the Spirit, almost 2 years ago and pre-drydock, they had evening Kareoke in Henry's Pub, which is a wonderful small, intimate venue, I think it's on Deck 7. It's kind of hidden away, has a great beer selection, and serves the same food as the Blue Lagoon. They also had a very good musician performing during Happy Hour. We really enjoyed that place.

We did bail out before the Kareoke started, though!

Archived