Leaving Balcony Door Open

tjeanty

I too enjoy having the balcony door open on occation. Do you really go on vacation and worry about if you are disruptiong the 'A/C Loop' of the ship? There MUST be something better to think about while you are enjoying your vacation then coolant systems and longterm metalurgic decay. Perhaps have a Drink of the Day or 10 and relax.

The A/C loop covers more than just YOUR cabin. You want fresh air so bad, step outside. I want cold air in MY cabin, and I don't want the coldness compromised by a selfish somebody who thinks only his/her desires matter.

We had a balcony on the Ecstasy and there was never an alarm, but the only time I left it open was because I was seasick and the fresh air helped. I wanted to lie down on the bed with the door open just a little bit to get the fresh air. The cabin steward came in to clean the room and shut the door, said the a/c wouldn't work if it was open. As soon as she left, I got up and opened it again. It's not like I wanted it open just to have it open, I needed the fresh air and sitting on the balcony or going up on deck at that point was not an option with the way I was feeling.

After I was over the seasickness, the door stayed closed all the time.

I too enjoy having the balcony door open on occation. Do you really go on vacation and worry about if you are disruptiong the 'A/C Loop' of the ship? There MUST be something better to think about while you are enjoying your vacation then coolant systems and longterm metalurgic decay. Perhaps have a Drink of the Day or 10 and relax.

The point you're missing is when u leave your balcony door open, you're affecting the air in other cabins as well. That's what he meant by the AC loop!

Pat

Well, I guess I must apoligize to my neighbors now on my upcoming Legend cruise, I will be leaving my door open when I am in the room (AC off). If somehow the warmer air goes from my return duct to your supply duct and gets your room warmer, sorry, but I don't like to freeze and love the fresh air, and please think of your fellow cruisers who don't like such cold air in their rooms next time.

Not only the cabins, but the hall. You can always tell if you're walking past a cabin that has its balcony door opened.

You can also tell which cabins are smoking pot.

OMG, my wife and I swear we could smell it too, the pot.

Well I appreciate all the feedback about the loop. I had no idea the loop was such a big deal. I will keep my door closed from now on, maybe I can ask my steward if they can permanently lock, or possibly weld the door shut to make sure it doesn't open by mistake. I also think that if we can have a passenger initiative on ship, a A/C Loop police if you will, that could help the loop in general. We could call them the 'loop patrol' or 'Loopers'. We could seek out these loop diverters and publicly berate them on the Lido, deny them Chocolate Melting cake, and water down their drinks. I always hated that sea breeze anyway....now who do I talk to about getting a plastic bubble built over the deck?

Well I appreciate all the feedback about the loop. I had no idea the loop was such a big deal. I will keep my door closed from now on, maybe I can ask my steward if they can permanently lock, or possibly weld the door shut to make sure it doesn't open by mistake. I also think that if we can have a passenger initiative on ship, a A/C Loop police if you will, that could help the loop in general. We could call them the 'loop patrol' or 'Loopers'. We could seek out these loop diverters and publicly berate them on the Lido, deny them Chocolate Melting cake, and water down their drinks. I always hated that sea breeze anyway....now who do I talk to about getting a plastic bubble built over the deck?

I believe the man's name is Cahill ... :p

Well, I guess I must apoligize to my neighbors now on my upcoming Legend cruise, I will be leaving my door open when I am in the room (AC off). If somehow the warmer air goes from my return duct to your supply duct and gets your room warmer, sorry, but I don't like to freeze and love the fresh air, and please think of your fellow cruisers who don't like such cold air in their rooms next time.

I hope your fellow cruisers will show you the same level of consideration that you plan on showing them.

The point you're missing is when u leave your balcony door open, you're affecting the air in other cabins as well. That's what he meant by the AC loop!

Pat

It's my understanding that only the a/c in your cabin turns off when the balcony door is open, and here's the sign that's posted in the room...

232323232%7Ffp5323%3A%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C49%3B98%3C%3A327nu0mrj

Good gracious, this is not a case of me, me, me...some of you need to get over your own selves! By lowering the air and opening the door the loop will have very little impact.

Call me a selfish witch but I will have my door open. It's not selfish at all...good grief.:eek:

Enjoy your balcony!

It's my understanding that only the a/c in your cabin turns off when the balcony door is open, and here's the sign that's posted in the room...

232323232%7Ffp5323%3A%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C49%3B98%3C%3A327nu0mrj

You can overide that easily, in those cabins where that sensor system is in place.

You can overide that easily, in those cabins where that sensor system is in place.

Yes I've heard that, but we've really never had the need to do so. I posted the pic mainly to show that opening the door will turn your a/c off, which makes total sense to me. But I don't know where people think that opening their balcony door will somehow mess up the a/c for other's rooms. :)

Archived