Leaving Balcony Door Open

tjeanty

The thermostat controls dampers, not the actual function of the system. Leaving the balcony door open causes pressure differentials.

Well we wouldn't want the differentials differentiated, thats for sure. I should probably post this under a 'documents' thread, but I just talked to my PVP and he did state that starting this month everyone will have to have a notorized copy of their HVAC license to board the ship. I know its a pain, but it is for the best.

Well we wouldn't want the differentials differentiated, thats for sure. I should probably post this under a 'documents' thread, but I just talked to my PVP and he did state that starting this month everyone will have to have a notorized copy of their HVAC license to board the ship. I know its a pain, but it is for the best.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm my nephew has one, I think I'll forge his to my name, think I'll get caught? Do you care? is there a ethical issue here? Cause at this time I just don't feel like getting my license to H Vac or even having my H Vac'ed :p

Well crapola, as I've said, I do not have an HVAC license, I guess I am cancelling our reservation now! :p

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm my nephew has one, I think I'll forge his to my name, think I'll get caught? Do you care? is there a ethical issue here? Cause at this time I just don't feel like getting my license to H Vac or even having my H Vac'ed :p

Don't even worry, you know the company that sells Rum Runners? They are alos selling counterfit HVAC licenses. And you know Carnival, if you don't have one they will just make you sit through an hour seminar, charge you $29 dollars and give you one. Of course, it will only be valid for 6 months....

Don't even worry, you know the company that sells Rum Runners? They are alos selling counterfit HVAC licenses. And you know Carnival, if you don't have one they will just make you sit through an hour seminar, charge you $29 dollars and give you one. Of course, it will only be valid for 6 months....

Coolness, I think I'll order one now, I am NOT sitting through the stinkin' seminar. They'll try to sell us watered down drinks you know, and they might even have those horrible dancers in their moon unit outfits:rolleyes:

Well I appreciate all the feedback about the loop. I had no idea the loop was such a big deal. I will keep my door closed from now on, maybe I can ask my steward if they can permanently lock, or possibly weld the door shut to make sure it doesn't open by mistake. I also think that if we can have a passenger initiative on ship, a A/C Loop police if you will, that could help the loop in general. We could call them the 'loop patrol' or 'Loopers'. We could seek out these loop diverters and publicly berate them on the Lido, deny them Chocolate Melting cake, and water down their drinks. I always hated that sea breeze anyway....now who do I talk to about getting a plastic bubble built over the deck?

You know if they provide everyone with a bag of pot and require you to smoke then you could locate the A/C violators easier... The door stays open I hear the ocean, I smell the ocean I enjoy the ocean, which are probably three of the biggest reasons I vacation on the ocean.

Is it OK to carry on a portable AC unit (something like the window kind). This way if I leave the baclony door open I am sure to stay cool.....maybe the coolness to the room...will allow the others in my "loop" to be cool as well and I can turn my rudeness into a positive.....

I appreciate any input

Is it OK to carry on a portable AC unit (something like the window kind). This way if I leave the baclony door open I am sure to stay cool.....maybe the coolness to the room...will allow the others in my "loop" to be cool as well and I can turn my rudeness into a positive.....

I appreciate any input

You mean beer? :confused:

I think that was what happened. Thank you for you response. So, you are saying that I should turn the AC off first before leaving the door open?

yea thats what we done in the end but we was to scared then to have door open for to long as they told us they were going to send the fire crew to our room and send out for a muster drill we would of died of embarrsement if that had happened

Always leave the balcony door open at night, have the ac turned off, and have never had a problem nor been asked not to leave it open.

I sometimes open a window in a hotel too or leave a door open to the veranda at night.

my ex (who owns extermination company) thanks you for your kindness;) any decent unit is on continuting schedule of fumigation to keep bugs @ bay. You haven't lived until u check into a 4 star hotel late @ night, flip the light & watch the wall move as bugs scurry for cover.

open balcony sliders is thought to be #1 cause of infiltration of what they call palmetto bugs (those up north know they are *****-a-roaches in disguise) into hotels in Florida.

funny thing is most hotels will publicly claim that guests bring in the critters in their luggage:rolleyes:

Hi Cruisers!

Last year, on the Victory, we had a balcony, and we left the balcony door open for about 5 minutes, and an alarm sounded off. I thought that the balcony door can be left open at any time; is this not true? This year, we will be sailing again, and I want to leave my balcony door open! I love the ocean breeze! Has anyone experienced this? Can the balcony be left open?

I have not taken the time to read this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said, BUT, it is not safe to leave your balcony cabin door open. People can throw lit cigerettes which can end up in your cabin and start a fire :eek: Better safe then sorry.. JMPO

I have not taken the time to read this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said, BUT, it is not safe to leave your balcony cabin door open. People can throw lit cigerettes which can end up in your cabin and start a fire :eek: Better safe then sorry.. JMPO

Too true, I got it even worse last year sailing between Roatan and Belize. Left the door open all night, a flying fish flew right in and hit me in the groin. I'll never break the rules again.......

Too true, I got it even worse last year sailing between Roatan and Belize. Left the door open all night, a flying fish flew right in and hit me in the groin. I'll never break the rules again.......

sounds like u were secretely fishing off the balcony;)

Did you happen to catch it on film? With the proper editing, we could enter it into a film festival.

Or someone in the next cabin could be out on their balcony and pass gas and a large cloud of toxins could blow in. Then, when you fired up a doobie the whole room could explode! :eek:

LOL thanks - always glad to hear that someone knows the character! LOVE those books! :cool:

I loved those books when I was a kid!!

Also, I will have my first balcony on my cruise and I plan to leave my door open to enjoy the carribean air.

my ex (who owns extermination company) thanks you for your kindness;) any decent unit is on continuting schedule of fumigation to keep bugs @ bay. You haven't lived until u check into a 4 star hotel late @ night, flip the light & watch the wall move as bugs scurry for cover.

open balcony sliders is thought to be #1 cause of infiltration of what they call palmetto bugs (those up north know they are *****-a-roaches in disguise) into hotels in Florida.

funny thing is most hotels will publicly claim that guests bring in the critters in their luggage:rolleyes:

Florida's 'palmetto" bugs can get in anyway - they are very resilient :(

Wiggling some bait were we? :p

Archived