Beach Recommendation for Mom w/ 3 girls

Ashpalo

My 3 daughters (9, 10, & 12) and I will be in Progresso in August. I've read reviews for several of the bars/restaurants along the beach and now I'm trying to decide which one will be best for us. Based on the following criteria, please give me your recommendations...

- Inexpensive drinks for mom :D

- Inexpensive Virgin drinks for daughters (they need their umbrella drinks, too) :)

- Inexpensive snacks (nachos, ceviche, etc)

- Family(ish) atmosphere...I know that sometimes the drunks on the beach can't be avoided, but I'd like to try to stay away from the rowdy, tequila slamming, wet t-shirt type places

Also, I'd really like to get one of those $15 massages, but I'm worried that I won't be able to keep an eye on my girls at the same time. Anyone that has had one - is it possible to keep watch over the kids at the same time - or should I forget about it this trip?

I've been to Progresso twice, but never to the beach there (1st time did Merida on my own and 2nd time did Chichen Itza with the girls).

Thanks in advance!

Ashley :)

I'm a fan of Le Saint Bonnet restaurant. It's a couple of blocks from the more rowdy area I think. Great fresh fish and seafood. They will be glad to serve you on the beach or in their open walled thatched roof restaurant.

I'm a fan of Le Saint Bonnet restaurant. It's a couple of blocks from the more rowdy area I think. Great fresh fish and seafood. They will be glad to serve you on the beach or in their open walled thatched roof restaurant.

Thanks for the recommendation... You're always so helpful! You really helped me a few years ago when I did Merida on my own. Based on your recommendations, I had a wonderful day in Merida!

Thanks for the recommendation... You're always so helpful! You really helped me a few years ago when I did Merida on my own. Based on your recommendations, I had a wonderful day in Merida!

Be sure to take the girls thru the mercado (market) behind LSB. They will know that they aren't in an American mall. There are neat little shops with all kinds of stuff, food that you won't find in the tourist spots, and for something special, the fish market. In august it will take your breath away. :D

Be sure to take the girls thru the mercado (market) behind LSB. They will know that they aren't in an American mall. There are neat little shops with all kinds of stuff, food that you won't find in the tourist spots, and for something special, the fish market. In august it will take your breath away. :D

How do you get to the fish market?

Thanks,

How do you get to the fish market?

Thanks,

When you get off of the bus at the flea market you can walk to the corner, turn left and walk to the beach. It is only a couple of blocks. The market is on the right just before you get to the mainstreet on the beach. Follow your nose.;)

When you get off of the bus at the flea market you can walk to the corner, turn left and walk to the beach. It is only a couple of blocks. The market is on the right just before you get to the mainstreet on the beach. Follow your nose.;)

Archived