Celebrity Summit March 20, 2010

geologistgene

Celebrity Summit March 20, 2010 out of San Juan. Southern Caribbean

Anyone out there on this sailing?

I just booked yesterday and could not find a Cruise Critic thread or posts from anyone on this cruise.

According to Celebrity it is too late to get a transfer from San Juan airport to the Pan American Pier in San Juan. I done this before and had to take a taxi from that airport.

I am scheduled to arrive in San Juan at 1:29pm on Delta 559 out of Atlanta. Anyone want to share a taxi.

Thanks,

Gene Hartley

Marvin Eugene Hartley. Limerock@bellsouth.net

Listed as Marvin Hartley on Celebrity.

Cell phone 205-266-0991

On this cruise I am in Cabin 8055 Concierge Class

On this cruise I am traveling alone and look forward to dancing.

I am a recently retired exploration geologist (mining-type, not oil)

Single, with about 40 cruises all over the world.

My profile is posted on Cruise Critic under GeologistGene

Royal Caribbean Diamond member, Celebrity Elite member, etc.

I got a degree in Geology, but then joined Naval Air and they let me fly airplanes for a while so I never practiced it...keep reading but never working it. And drive everybody nuts with 'rock' stories and fossil stuff!

We went on a S American cruise BA to Valp. Stopped in Punta Mardryna (sp?) which is near a fantastic Paleo museum in Southern Argentina. I went nuts.

Then we cruised through the Beagle Channel and I'm taking photos like crazy - unbelievable formations and just great stuff. My wife and a couple we are traveling with tell me its time to step inside and play a little cards and get a drink....I tell them, 'but look at that cliff face its beautiful! We have to see it when we get closer' and I snapped away. My wife, turns to me and says those words that should be grounds for divorce,....'but their just rocks'!. I started to cry. Such ignorance, such insensitivity, such.....I went in and had a nice drink.

Denny

Denny01

Thanks for the notes.

This is the first year in several I haven't done a cruise around the Horn. This year I'm glad I didn't, but I just read a post by someone in Valapariso on a ship today that all was okay in that port.

I can see how geology terms can get you in trouble. I've used the excuse the other way to keep me out of trouble when on a date.

Thanks,

Gene Hartley

Marvin Eugene Hartley. Limerock@bellsouth.net

Listed as Marvin Hartley on Celebrity.

Cell phone 205-266-0991

On this cruise I am in Cabin 8055 Concierge Class

On this cruise I am traveling alone and look forward to dancing.

I am a recently retired exploration geologist (mining-type, not oil)

Single, with about 40 cruises all over the world.

My profile is posted on Cruise Critic under GeologistGene

Royal Caribbean Diamond member, Celebrity Elite member, etc.

Geologist Gene:

My husband and I are cruising the Summit in April. Can't wait to hear the details of your cruise, but I wanted to let you know that I wish we could meet. You have had some interesting experiences and I was very impressed with the way you reached out to fellow travelers to have the type of cruise experience you wanted.

I admire your gusto. I'm not sure I could be so brave.

Enjoy your trip.

Sharon

Hi. Just returned from the Summitt - great cruise! One suggestion, when you arrive at San Juan, get a porter for your bags - he will take you to the front of the taxi line - well worth the $5 tip! (the line was very long). Enjoy your cruise!

Archived