Bar Credit - Drink Coupons

CarleenD

Hi everyone!

Boy, I haven't posted here in ages! I'm sorry if this topic is covered a lot, but I couldn't find a search function.

Do the drink coupons work the way they used to? My last Carnival cruise was in '99, and the coupon covered the drink price, no matter what it was. So you could order a bunch for yourself and use the $5 coupon on an $8 drink, thus saving a few bucks (including the tip).

But now I see the coupon says it's good "up to $5.25". Do they now charge the difference??

Thanks!

Carleen

-- I take that back. My cruise must have been in 2000, since that's when I registered here! :-)

It depends on your server. Some do and some do not. I will add that in these tough economic times it seems like most of them do charge you the extra amount now. At least that has been my personal experience.

What Frank said. Plus, some will not even take the coupon as a credit for a drink priced above the coupon amount.

Sorry, never had that happen. They've always taken the coupon. All of my drinks are always more:D Sometimes charged the difference and sometimes not.

What is the advantage of buying the coupons if you'll have to pay the difference in drink price? If I'm understanding this correctly the coupons dont save you any money.

I am getting some for my cousin's wedding cruise in addition to OBCs and photo coupons just for a variety of gifts to give!

But I do see you point...it all comes out of the same pot! That is unless other people buy them for you!

What is the advantage of buying the coupons if you'll have to pay the difference in drink price? If I'm understanding this correctly the coupons dont save you any money.

.....except for the fact that it will be less on your S&S account.

I usually buy 1 per night, that way when I go to dinner, I just whip out a coupon and pay the server that way.

Sometimes if the drink is not much more than the max coupon price, they won't even charge the difference. On one cruise my server charged me an extra $0.27 for my drink the first night, didn't do it again the rest of the cruise.

wasiii

Archived