Long Bay West Beach?

nanlyn

We were there at the end of January. We rented a car, headed out on our own and spent a couple of hours there. Beautiful beach,not real calm,so if your looking for the perfect swimming beach this is not it but there were some people swimming. It's very quiet and perfect for hanging out and taking a nice walk. There is one resort on the beach,Long Bay Resort, which has a restaurant and restrooms . We hung out at the secluded end where a young man who goes by the name of Nature Boy has a little shack where he sells beer,soda and a little hard liquor,plus he has a few chairs to lay out on. We loved this beach. We are considering going to Tortola next winter and staying at the resort on this beach.

781829908_wkGEi-L-1.jpg

783424410_bHiAp-L.jpg

781830528_7DKyH-L-1.jpg

781830008_hAmXk-L-1.jpg

Thanks for the response and the beautiful pictures! It looks like an awesome beach. How far is it from Road Town? Would a taxi take us there? We were thinking of Brewer's Bay until I read about this beach in Frommer's.

It's probably just a 20 minute drive from Road Town. I'm sure you could get a taxi to Long Bay beach, but because the vast majority go toward Cane Garden Bay it might be a bit expensive. Long Bay is not a busy place so there are not any taxi's sitting around waiting to take you back. You might be able to negotiate with a driver to spend part of the day with you so you could visit this beach and Cane Garden Bay to have lunch plus tour the island a little. It also might just be easier for you to pass on Long Bay and just grab a taxi to Brewers Bay. Like I said,we rented a car and I know that's not for everyone considering the left side driving and the steep curving narrow roads, but I found it quite easy to get around.

Archived