Are coolers allowed on the Solstice? Can you have beer in your room?

CCnoob2010

Don't forget that there are no knives allowed to be brought on board by passengers. So don't plan on bringing them along with your fishing gear.

And as to clay pigeon shooting, this actually has been offered on various cruise ship lines. Not sure about Celebrity, but other lines have offered this, and I believe that there was some sort of eco-friendly adjustment to the standard equipment. But that's another thread.

You know, Passover is coming and I heard there's an overabundance of gefilte just waiting to be caught. ;) And don't forget to bring your smoker on board, in case you catch a salmon. ;)

You should know that there is NO smoking fish of any kind on the balcony's.

The first part of your reply is hilarious, but I am well skilled and I've never brought one in that flopped someone in the face except for that one time in Sopchoppy but that's a whole 'nother story about someone being where they shouldn't have been.

!

Sopchoppy, that is close to my neck of the woods (Tallytown). Never thought I would hear that name on these boards lol

You many not know that shooting clay pigeons used to occur on X ships at one time.

And, you might like this...in Bermuda DH did do some fishing and the catch of the day was skillfully prepared by the Chef and it was shared by all at the table.

True stories.

Don't forget that there are no knives allowed to be brought on board by passengers. So don't plan on bringing them along with your fishing gear.

And as to clay pigeon shooting, this actually has been offered on various cruise ship lines. Not sure about Celebrity, but other lines have offered this, and I believe that there was some sort of eco-friendly adjustment to the standard equipment. But that's another thread.

Good to know, thank you. I may have to rely on some other utensil or car keys.

Seriously...if I catch something off the balcony and requested the kitchen to prepare it...they're not going to do that? That makes no sense.

You're on a ship with 2800 people, and you really expect them to drop everything and prepare your fish? Sorry, but that's not happening, and they will not allow you to bring the fish on board. It's a matter of sanitary and health issues. Ships have huge liability issues and they're not going to do something like prepare a catch of the day for a passenger.

And again, you will not be allowed to fish off your deck. And just because you're on deck six, it's not six stories like a building, but it's much higher than even you can imagine.

With some of these postings I'm beginning to wonder if we're dealing with an honest person or a wonderful troll.

This topic is pretty entertaining. It's not something new but has been asked for the past 18 years on various boards. I have yet to see someone post that they were successful while the ship was moving. ccnoob2010, you could be the first! Now for beer, you have to be strategic on this. Go to one bar and order a bucket-o-beer, fill up the cooler, then go to another bar and order aother bucket-o-beer. Final order - Room service for a bucket-o-beer. Now your cooler is full. :D

You should know that there is NO smoking fish of any kind on the balcony's.

But I read on these boards that there are smoking sections on all the ships! Please quote from Celebrity's rule book where it says that you specifically cannot smoke salmon (or any other fish) in the smoking section! This is outrageous! :p

IMO - if you are willing to share your beer- I will be willing to tend your cooler and mind your smoker so that it is ready for your first catch of the day. I am actually thinking that if you are successful that you may want to consider selling it to the chef- I understand that the new " green fish " are hot items on the menus and they may not be able to met the demands so this could potentially pay for your beer- something to think about! BTW - one of the new " green fish" is a sheepshead ( don't remember the others but equally as strange) - now that makes me wonder.

BTW - there is to my knowledge no regulation concerning smoking fish on your balcony but you may want to check the prohibited items - I noticed that you are not allowed to bring your own coffee pot so they may have recently added the smoker to the prohibited list:cool:

Does anyone know if you can bring a cooler (with ice) on board? Is there a policy prohibiting beer in the room?

Thank you.

Not sure about coolers, but you can buy beer onboard, request that they NOT be open and take back to your cabin and put in the small frig. We have our cabin steward each cruise take out ALL the cans of coke/etc so I can buy Boddingtons and put in frig along with the bottle Grey Goose to keep Martha happy! :)

I usually bring a cooler on the m-class ships because the refrigerator is never cold. I get a styrofoam one in the port before I board. My room steward has always kept it filled with ice for me (big big tip with the request). I like my drinks cold and like to have some in the room. I don't think this is a bad idea. I love cold coke and cold beer. It works great! I always leave the cooler - don't know what happens to it then.

I am not kidding about this - I really do it.

Barbara

I would like to thank the OP for one of the most entertaining and amusing threads that I have read in a long time - kudos to you!!!!

I have shared this thread with friends and fellow cruisers and have to say there was extra smiling today and outright laughter- BTW - I want to know where you are cruising next - I want to be there with my camera

:):):)

Archived