Dolphin center in PV questions

jandjfun

I want to take my grandaughter to the dolphin center in PV. I have a few questions I am hoping you can help answer.

1. How long does it take to get to the center?

2. Cost of the taxi?

3. Is it a waterpark? or just swim with the dolphins and leave?

Thanks for your help.

I want to take my grandaughter to the dolphin center in PV. I have a few questions I am hoping you can help answer.

1. How long does it take to get to the center? Seems like it was 15-20 minutes

2. Cost of the taxi? Sorry I don't know, we were on excursion bus, but if you do take a taxi be sure to settle on the cost before you get in the cab.

3. Is it a waterpark? No or just swim with the dolphins and leave? swim with dolpins for at least a hour. Worth every penny you spend, especially for your granddaughter!

Enjoy, we sure did.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome!!

1. How long does it take to get to the center?

2. Cost of the taxi?

3. Is it a waterpark? or just swim with the dolphins and leave?

Thanks for your help.

There are two "dolphin centers". Both are located in Nuevo Vallarta, immediately north of the Vallarta airport. Both are 15-20 minutes away from the port.

One "dolphin center" is run by the excursion company that the cruise lines contract with. They, along with a growing number of third-party tour brokers, make it difficult to book this excursion on your own if you arrive on a cruise ship.

The other "dolphin center" was just a water park before they added the dolphin pools/tanks. Do a google search for sea life park vallarta and follow the links to both Aquaventuras Park and Sea Life Park (they are the same place).

Nobody can tell you what it will cost for a taxi ride to either location without knowing how many people are in your party. Yellow "City Taxis" charge per taxi ride with up to four passengers. White/Cream "Port Taxis" charge per person and offer group size vehicles.

Note - both dolphin centers are located outside the operational 'pick up' area for the taxi companies that service the port & Puerto Vallarta. The taxi that will bring you and your party back is based in Nuevo Vallarta and operates with the four-passenger per vehicle/one fare system. I believe the cost for a non-port taxi is about $12 USD each way.

Enjoy!

We did this last year with our grandkids ages 7 an 9. They loved it and will always remember it as will I.

The staff at the dolphin aquarium were absolutely wonderful with the kids and made sure that they had the best and most memorible experience ever. This was worth every penny we paid.

I highly reommend it, we booked thru Carnival.

The pictures are pricey that they take but beautiful. Pics cost about 100.00 for a CD and a memory book. It sounds like alot, but the memories will last a lifetime. You will not be able to get close enough to get good pictures on your own.

Archived