Century Review March 6

wildernesslady

Wow! What a great time. I was pleasantly suprised by the appearance of the ship. I have a friend who is a dancer on the ship and myself, daughters, and other friends decided to suprise her.

The ships refurb was nicely done. We felt all the interiors looked great. The exterior could use a little work, but nothing to take away from a good time. We ate everynight in the MDR and all of our meals were good. I know food is subjective, but we all enjoyed our meals. We did the buffet for breakfast and one lunch. It was good, but we had had enough by the last morning. The brunch on our last sea day was excellent.

The entertainment was great. We enjoyed all the shows; dancing/singing and comedians. This was my 4th cruise and I thought this was the best entertainment.

There were quite a bit of spring breakers on our cruise. Most were pretty well behaved. They did not hamper our good time. I definitely would not want to pay their bar bill though.

Our ports were Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Both were alot of fun. We had never been to either place so we enjoyed ourselves.

The service was wonderful. The best I have experienced. I never felt pushed by the bar servers to get a drink. I was a wonderful time. Please feel free to ask any questions.

We are going in a few weeks. Any certain appetizers, dinners or deserts in MDR that should be tried for Dinner or even breakfast in MDR? I have heard there is also a another place on the ship that does a casual dinner, but don't know much about it.

We never did try the casual dining. For appetizers the spring rolls on the last night were the best. I also enjoyed all the chilled soups, ceasar salad, caprese salad. The coq a vain, and chateau briand(spelling) were very good. I had a pasta dish one evening that had steak on top that was very good also the short ribs. The key lime sorbet and de leche cigars for dessert were my favorite. I tried the sorbet because I was to full for a heavy dessert and it was delicious. We never ate breakfast in the dining room, but did the buffet. You can have made to order eggs/omelets and they were very good. The waffles were also good. We did do tea time a couple of days. This starts at 4:00. There were tea sandwiches and small desserts/pastries. That was very nice. My girls went to the grill at the pool a couple of times and had burgers, dogs, and nachos. They enjoyed it very much. Apparently the ship ran out of hamburger buns mid cruise and the pastry chefs had to make some. The grill was always pretty full with spring breakers, but they really were not too much of a problem. I would go that same time again.

Archived